This position is hybrid based out of our NYC corporate office.INTRODUCTION
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
The core purpose of the role is to support the development of research and insights in support of Burberry America's strategic business plan and performance. This role will act as junior internal strategy consultant to the business and will work across all functions to ensure timely and effective development and delivery of Burberry's strategy. As a Strategy & Retail Performance Analyst, you will run a variety of analysis of internal and external strategic factors, environmental inﬂuences, market factors, demand, and capability & capacity assessments through analysis of data. Additionally, you will manage retail reporting for the Americas store network. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and analyse data to inform senior managers and assist in the production of strategic papers in support of Burberry America's strategic planning based upon: market and competitor environment, including emerging opportunities, competitor and economic threats. Situational assessments may include:
- Consumer insight and market data
- Research benchmarks
- Burberry performance analysis (including customer, operating and financial KPIs)
- Support with analysis for project management and implementation of key strategic projects, such as:
- Annual strategy planning
- Budget planning
- Board papers
- Analyse and interpret customer insights data from our retail business, drawing inferences and making recommendations as required
- Prepare for meetings and conferences as required
- Manage all ongoing retail reporting and provide ad hoc support as needed
- Provide general support to the Strategy & Retail performance teaM
- Degree educated
- Professional experience in a similar role
- Professional experience within a consulting organisation, investment bank or a business similar to Burberry or similar an advantage
- Luxury retail experience or similar an advantage
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to analyse large and complex amounts of data
- Ability to work across multiple levels of the organisation
- Ability to interpret data and communicate in a concise and relevant way to various stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
- Knowledge of SQL an advantage
- Inquisitive and organised
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
- Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $90,000.00 and $107,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
- This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.