As a Design Director for Women's Lounge, you will be a seasoned creative professional responsible for leading the design of comfortable, stylish, and versatile lounge and leisurewear for women. Your role will involve setting the creative direction, designing collections that align with the brand's vision and values, and ensuring that the loungewear offers the utmost comfort and style for modern women. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will guide product development and play a key role in elevating the brand's loungewear offerings.
As the Design Director for Women's Lounge, you will have the opportunity to shape the brand's loungewear collections, providing women with comfortable and stylish options for relaxation and leisure. If you are a passionate and experienced designer with a love for loungewear and a desire to lead and inspire, we invite you to apply and be part of our dynamic and innovative design team.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Creative Direction and Concept Development:
- Set a compelling design vision for women's lounge and leisurewear that reflects the brand's identity and resonates with the target audience.
- Lead the design team in conceptualizing and developing innovative and fashion-forward loungewear collections, including loungewear sets, sleepwear, and comfortable casualwear.
Trend Research and Analysis:
- Stay updated with the latest fashion trends, fabrics, construction techniques, and lifestyle influences relevant to women's lounge and leisurewear.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify opportunities for product differentiation and improvement.
- Collaborate with the design team to create seasonal lounge and leisurewear collections for women, ensuring a cohesive and contemporary assortment.
- Present design concepts and storyboards to internal stakeholders, including merchandisers and executives.
Material and Fabric Selection:
- Work closely with suppliers and manufacturers to source and select premium, soft, and breathable fabrics that offer exceptional comfort and durability.
- Ensure that all materials meet the brand's quality standards.
- Provide technical expertise in patternmaking, fit, and construction, ensuring that all loungewear products are designed to perfection.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product developers, merchandisers, and suppliers, to ensure seamless execution of loungewear designs.
- Effectively communicate design concepts and ideas to team members and stakeholders.
Brand Alignment and Aesthetic:
- Ensure that all women's lounge and leisurewear designs align with the brand's aesthetic, values, and commitment to comfort and style.
- Collaborate with the brand team to maintain consistent storytelling and branding across loungewear collections.
Team Leadership and Mentorship:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience
- Lead, mentor, and inspire the design team, fostering a collaborative and supportive environment that encourages creativity and excellence
- 7-10 years design experience in outerwear
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Design Director or in a senior design role within the women's outerwear or fashion industry.
Bachelor's Degree in Fashion DesignSkills:
- Strong understanding of women's fashion trends, silhouettes, and fabrications.
- Proficiency in design software and tools like Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of designers effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey design concepts and ideas.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for aesthetics and quality.
T&E approvalDECISION MAKING:
The Design Director holds a vital role in the development of the Calvin Klein Women's lounge line for each season, giving direction to the designers and presenting the line to senior management.RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY:
Highly creative role, requiring strong awareness of current global trends in fashion as well as awareness of latest technology in fabric and trim research & development.
Pay Range: $160,000 - $173,500
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH