With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. Position Objective
This position is responsible for partnering with the leader to develop the overall design direction for the brand and may own multiple categories of the business. This position directs, builds and develops product ideas. Works closely with directors, merchants and design teams to execute seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, outline margin requirements, and completion of product. Manages brand integrity through internal and external design partnerships. Continue to evolve product categories forward to keep the brand relevant and compelling to our customers.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand. Education
- Partners with leader to assist with the cross functional teams (CFT) interpretation of the overall design direction for the brand to the vendor.
- Leads meetings confidently while driving innovation to impact results.
- Identifies process improvements and leads company initiatives.
- Edits and curates merchandise assortments.
- Manages multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Partners with leader to guide development needs and manage overdevelopment. In addition, identities and clearly articulates white space and new business opportunities.
- Creates sketches by category at design ratio and adhere to line plan and design ratios for design development samples throughout the process.
- Manages print development process and needs in partnership with CAD.
- Guides the cross functional teams to coordinate assortments for presentation through artwork print, fabric, silhouettes, outfit coordination and presentation boards.
- Partners with trend to create line presentation boards for use at concept and development review.
- Prepares and presents seasonal product reviews to senior management and merchant teams.
- Coordinates visual boards and samples to drive newness for the brand.
- Works with trend department to assure merchants seasonal buying tool needs are met.
- Works closely with cross functional teams to compliment and coordinate process, procedures, and development needs/packages.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business results and ability to react and correct line.
- Attends all fits in partnership with technical design for styling and aesthetic comments/input.
- May create artwork for embellishments, plaid and stripes, and mock up projects.
- May assist leader with the developing and managing of print development process; creating CADs and managing strike-offs.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 year college degree in Design
- 7+ years' experience in design within the retail industry, preferably contemporary market
- Excellent managerial, organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Navigates and leads through change
- Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trims
- Multiple category experience preferred
- Deep expertise of category ownership
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word
- Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
- InDesign and Micrographx experience preferred
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.