APPARATUS is a New York-based design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture and objects in immersive environments, threading the historical and the cultural through a modern lens.
The Client Services Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of excellent service to our clients in relation to after-sales care and damages. The role includes answering questions, resolving issues, and providing guidance on our products and services. This position is the key liaison between Sales and Manufacturing in representing APPARATUS to clients dealing with damages or troubleshooting needs.
- Key point of contact for after sales needs, includes responding to a wide range of client inquiries and troubleshoot requests by phone and email.
- Utilize new and established resources to respond to inquiries regarding damages, delivery issues, installation, electrical questions, etc.
- Resolve client issues in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring that clients receive excellent service.
- Develop a deep knowledge of APPARATUS product, both technical and aesthetic, and be able to speak to our product in an expert-level way.
- Identify trends and pain points in client service needs and collaborate with leadership to address and build sustainable solutions.
- Maintain and update database of issues, troubleshoots and solutions by product.
- Provide product and service information to client.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve complex client issues when required, developing an understanding of which decisions stakeholders need to weigh in on, and facilitating those conversations efficiently.
- Work with SVP : Operations and key stakeholders to continue building the foundation for the Client Services department as the needs of the business evolve and grow.
- Ability to build rapport with people quickly, develop and maintain relationships with our client base.
- Desire to create an excellent experience with each client interaction.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, develop a deep knowledge and communicate from that foundation.
- Technical and aesthetic understanding.
- Strong understanding of client services principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations where people can be upset.
- Demonstrate a consistently positive attitude and ability to be a collaborative team player.
- Strategic and solutions-based thinker.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ of client service experience in a related field.
- Experience developing and applying a foundational knowledge in a new field.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency, and excellence.
- Full-time showroom hours: Monday–Friday generally 9:30AM–5:30PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
- Domestic or international travel as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly check-ins.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.