• Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
• Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
• Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
• 401(k) plan options available
• Bonus earning opportunities
• Growth potential opportunities
• Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.Job Overview Job Overview
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical structure and equipment of the building in good working order; performing preventative maintenance and emergency, corrective, and routine repairs on mechanical, fire and life safety, plumbing, and HVAC equipment. Maintains effective communication with the Chief Engineer, the Director Risk Management and the Senior Director Market Operations. Performs other duties as needed. Supervises all local 30 Operating Engineers, mentoring and coaching staff. Essential Functions Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies Education Requirements Min/Preferred Education Level Description
- Maintains HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, fire and life safety systems, and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels.
- Performs emergency, corrective, and routine repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, fire and life safety systems, and associated equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
- Maintains records of all inspections, preventive maintenance, and repairs performed on any equipment or system to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies, and local fire marshal regulations.
- Maintains EPA Universal Certification and knowledge of all current legislation and requirements as they relate to EPA Regulations.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Is available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and as required by emergency situations when directed by the Chief, Director Risk Management or Senior Director Market Operations.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Minimum Less Than High School High School Diploma or equivalent required Years of Experience Min/Preferred Years of Experience Comments
Minimum 3 3-5 years related experience Competencies
Essential Physical Requirements Essential Physical Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Q01 or Q99 NYC refrigeration license required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self - starter and flexible to change and conditions. Willing to take on all responsibilities required.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, strong sense of urgency.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality required.
- Able to work independently.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking, reaching with extended arms, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other office equipment.
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.