Cutler and Gross was founded on the principle that when it comes to eyewear, it’s not just about how we see the world, it’s about how others see us. For over 50 years now, it has been at the forefront of optical design - as trailblazers, disruptors and pioneers whose legacy has been much imitated, but never surpassed.
A brand built on friendship, it was established by opticians Mr Cutler and Mr Gross in 1969. Thanks to word of mouth, what began in London’s Knightsbridge as a small but innovative bespoke service soon became a fully-fledged mecca for artists, rock stars, writers and royalty. Together, the pair had created the perfect balance between taste and technicality, quickly cementing their reputation as industry leaders in eyewear.
Using the finest raw materials, each individual frame is handmade by experienced craftspeople in its owns factory in Cadore, within the Italian Dolomites.
Today, the proudly independent eyewear brand has 6 flagship store locations in London, Bath, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto and is stocked in over 2000 Wholesale accounts in 50 countries around the world, and online at www.cutlerandgross.com.
As Allocator you will be responsible for ensuring that the correct stock is on the right place at the right time to maximise sales. You will manage the flow of stock through the business to the stores, online and wholesale businesses by means of forecasting, re-ordering and allocation. In addition to this, you will also be reporting savvy, with previous merchandising experience, in order to assist the wholesale, retail and e-commerce teams with weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc analysis.
As Allocator, you will:
Stock management and allocation:
- Maximise and maintain both stock availability and stockturn through setting up reporting and processes for replenishment and allocation.
- Liaise with Italian Warehouse to ensure that production is on-time.
- Highlight to the wider business any risks to new season launches, or flow/core styles.
- Analysing the best use of stock, using a cost benefit analysis to steer business decisions. (For example – suggesting to use distributor sample sets to launch online if stock late)
- Visit Italian warehouse once per month to understand and manage the production and delivery of orders.
- Action transfer of stock between the retail stores, Italian warehouse and online stock holding.
- Allocation of stock to Key Accounts/Top 200 /Limited Editions to coincide with launches/events/marketing needs.
- Allocation of sample sets across business, namely Press/PR/Sales Agents/Distributors.
- On a weekly basis, review business sales and stock levels as well as reforecasting sales, in order to request repeat production of best sellers.
- Create reports to analyse product performance across the total business, and maintain up-to-date knowledge of product performance.
- Highlight any opportunities or risks. Optimise stock levels by highlighting slow selling products and recommending actions to be taken.
- Management of product categories CAT1/CAT2/CAT3/CAT5/CAT6/CAT7.
- Determining the safety stock levels to reduce the risk of stock outs during unusual periods of supply and demand.
- Join monthly collection launch meetings with wider business to provide updates on stock levels and deliveries.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the relevant systems (Spacenet, Excel, Magento) and to attend training when required.
- Use predictive modelling (or perhaps AI in future) to forecast demand with Sales Team for new products with no sales data.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledgeable. You will have strong retail knowledge and an understanding of Merchandising and Allocation.
Organised and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
A problem solver. You are able to apply different ways of thinking in different situations
A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams.
A proactive team member. You collaborate with the wider teams.
Flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable to take responsibility for your tasks
All over the numbers. You are analytical and results driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement.
Systems literate. You are proficient in excel, and other Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel, with high levels of accuracy.
- Seasonal frame allowance
- Generous friends and family discount
- Annual eye test
- Access to sample sales
- Seasonal socials
- Hybrid work environment – 1 day work from home
- Competitive salary, depending on experience