At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
The sourcing coordinator manages the seasonal placement and follow-through of finished goods for a particular category(ies), in a manner congruent with the supply chain objectives: delivering quality product, on time and at the right price.RESPONSIBILITIES
- To advise vendors of seasonal buying/production calendar, unit plans & negotiate minimums as applicable, working with the Manager for guidance on setting objectives for the season and discussing any challenges
- To manage communication with Vendors on raw material call-offs & receipts, ensuring production needs are met in accordance with calendar and delivery schedule.
- To liaise with product developer contact for updated BOM information as needed.
- To liaise with Customer Operations for timely receipt of orders and advise Customer Service when orders are retimed.
- To prepare updates for weekly production meetings , reporting both verbally and by mail, while dealing with all cross-functional partners
- To partner with the manager to finalise prices & margin, providing seasonal price analyses across vendors and product categories (managed differently)
- To update PLM with vendor 's costs and action in order to have CBS in time and checked
- To participate in vendor's performance analysis each week/month/ season
- To partner with PD and Technical teams each season on fit approval dates required by production calendar & ensure compliance
- To partner with quality assurance to resolve quality issues as needed
- To communicate best working practises, changes to existing practises or key seasonal information to vendors.
- To work alongside other Sourcing Coordinators to ensure standard processes across teams/divisions
- To manage buying/delivery deadlines, ensuring adherence to Time & Action calendar
- To manage team efficiency through monitoring workload & prioritisation.
- To partner with manager on seasonal counter-sourcing needs such as vendors, pricing, raw materials etc
- To manage, train and develop Sourcing Assistant when required and as requested by the Sourcing Manager
- Proven experience in previous production/manufacturing roles would be a plus
- Excel/Word/Powerpoint SAP/PLM is desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong costing & negotiation skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Familiar with & proficient in retail math
- Willingness to travel if required
- Excellent verbal/written communication & time management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with peers and cross-functional business partners
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Organized, efficient, self-motivated, solution- oriented individual
- Works well as both team leader & team member
- Ability to react to change
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT2039 || n/a ||