Join our growing Mobile Engineering Team to expand and scale our ever-evolving e-commerce platform. We are looking for an exceptional Senior Engineer, Mobile who can help us drive our mobile roadmap forward. You will help build critical enhancements to our mobile app and have significant influence in how we build out a robust roadmap this year to engage our customers and drive revenue. Our current platform uses a combination of Shopify, Contentful, and custom built APIs to deliver a world-class web-based experience. We want to take those same services and use them to build a world-class mobile application. What You'll Do:
- Help design, build and implement consumer facing features for our new FIGS mobile application
- Create compelling in-app experiences that will reach thousands of users globally
- Collaborate with product manager, engineers and design team to influence the roadmap and product development
- Contribute to internal shared frameworks and libraries
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience or education
- 5+ years working on mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Extensive experience with Swift -- Objective-C experience is also a good bonus
- A preference for TDD-style development over YDD (YOLO driven development)
- Experience building adaptive user interfaces in iOS
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL backend service layers
- Awareness of common security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them
- Demonstrated ability to architect scalable and maintainable applications
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks like Appium or EarlGrey
- Experience working with an e-commerce framework like Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce
- Experience setting up CI/CD build processes and pipelines
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration: we work in small cross-functional teams and as individual engineers. We are not afraid of challenges and working together to tackle them
- Positive attitude: we are self-starters who love to solve problems with technologies
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and an ownership mindset
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $126,000 and $180,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of serviceA little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.