FIGS is actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer with extensive expertise in Java, Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes, Flux/Argo, Terraform/CDK, ElasticSearch, and PostGres. As we venture into broader technological horizons and global market expansion, we require a seasoned engineer who is well-versed in both cutting-edge backend technologies and scalable cloud solutions.What you'll do:
- Backend Mastery: Lead the design, development, and optimization of FIGS backend services, ensuring resilience, performance, and scalability
- Cloud & Kubernetes Expertise: Seamlessly integrate our applications and services within AWS and Kubernetes, using tools such as Flux and Argo for GitOps workflows
- Infrastructure as Code: Leverage Terraform or AWS CDK to create, manage, and orchestrate cloud infrastructure components effectively
- Database Expertise: Build robust database solutions with PostGres and optimize search functionalities with ElasticSearch
- Architectural Oversight: Make informed architectural decisions, keeping a primary focus on scalability, performance, and reliability
- Mentorship & Team Collaboration: Collaborate and mentor fellow engineers, ensuring the application of best practices, especially concerning Java and cloud-native technologies
- Operational Excellence: Partner with senior leadership on engineering decisions, considering every aspect from cost efficiency to data security
Bonus points for:
- 5+ years in software development with a solid foundation in Java, Spring Boot, and related backend technologies
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform/CDK
- Proven experience in designing and scaling complex enterprise applications
- Demonstrable experience with ElasticSearch and PostGres
- Tactical thinker boasting both technical prowess and a knack for aligning technology with business goals
What You'll Bring:
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, SalesForce, Spree, or BigCommerce.
- Exposure to marketing technologies like Iterable
- Experience with content management systems, especially Contentful
- Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD tools and practices for Java-based application.
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration: we work in small cross-functional teams and as individual engineers. We are not afraid of challenges and working together to tackle them
- Positive attitude: we are self-starters who love to solve problems with technologies
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and an ownership mindset
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $126,000 and $180,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of serviceA little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.