Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.JOB PURPOSE
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead our Upstream Supply Chain and Raw Material Management Technologies. You will work in partnership with business experts (SMEs), UX/UI Teams and technology teams to identify & implement solutions to meet the needs of an evolving business. You will lead a team of business analysts and developers as needed. This role is reporting to the Senior Product Manager - Upstream Supply Chain.RESPONSIBILITIES
Vision, Strategy, Roadmap
- Understand Burberry's strategic vision within the upstream business areas associated with Raw Material Management and Quality Inspection, and ensure solution development is in line with this
- Deeply analyse end user needs and in conjunction with delivery teams develop prototype designs that meet the business need.
- Manage a comprehensive Backlog to ensure there is a pipeline of work for future sprints
Evangelism, Awareness, Alignment
- Have an understanding of Supply Chain, Supply Planning, Order Management and Stock Planning processes.
- Drive solution development with a team of developers & designers.
- Ensure business leads are aware of the roadmap and ensure that there is alignment and buy in
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
Minimal Product, Test & Learn
- Build and manage a backlog of users stories/requirements and prioritise for development
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment using Minimal Viable Product delivery, and rapid prototyping
- Provide customer and business context to the delivery teams, empowering them to explore creative solutions, whilst simultaneously, ensuring the team delivers against scope and time commitments
- Strong analytical background, and ability to deliver value to end users
Insight, Competitors, Market, Trends
- Identify new opportunities to enhance current operating processes and implement strategies to address those opportunities
- Understand the reporting & planning tool solutions in the market place, and use this to enhance our application delivery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have excellent written and communication skills and be extremely detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyse complex requirements or processes
- BCS Certification in Business Analysis (or comparable) ideal but not required
- Strong Data Literacy skills - the ability to read, understand, create, and communicate data as information.
- Ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- 4 - 5 years experience working with and/or within a retail supply chain planning team
- Experience working with design, engineering teams, vendors, and offshore development to deliver end to end products
- Experience managing small to medium sized teams
- Preferable : experience delivering Raw Material Management solutions, Supply Planning, Order management or Procurement solutions in a Global Multi-channel Luxury Retailer.
- Preferable: SAP and sedApta planning experience
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || PRODUCT & SUPPLY CHAIN || n/a ||