Are you a motivated, creative team leader with a passion for fashion? Smithe Studios is looking for a rockstar production manager to join our team and help us create high-quality, innovative clothing designs that capture the essence of our brand. As a Production Manager, you will be responsible for oversight and coordination of the production process from start to finish, including coordination or materials and labor, the selection of suppliers and vendors as well as enforcing quality standards accordingly.
The Production Manager will lead the Production team, which oversees the pre-production and production process for all styles in the region. This person is intensely collaborative, likes to tackle complex problems, and isn’t afraid to try something new. They are passionate about getting results and making a difference. The Production Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams in implementing systems & technologies to support our time to market & cost targets.
- Delivers the highest quality product within-sample and production deadlines by proactively planning, coordinating, and managing external sources while identifying and addressing issues that may impact timelines or cost.
- Ensures all Purchase Orders and Send Outs are delivered to and from the vendor on the date agreed and given.
- Work with the QA Team to ensure that audit or any related QC issues are addressed and resolved promptly.
- Be able to work with cross-functional departments related to production to make sure deadlines are met.
- Embodies the high standards of the Production department and actively represents the department in all calendar checkpoints and major milestone meetings.
- Promotes the adherence of the product calendar by ensuring the efficient collaboration and coordination between cross-functional partners, including Design, R&D, Merchandising, and Materials.
- Research new sources of manufacturing and industry best practices to ensure continual process improvement and long-term vision.
- Assist in building the sourcing strategy in collaboration with merchants, inventory management, and design.
- 6-8 years of experience in Production/Sourcing and/or Supply Chain roles of increasing scope, complexity, and leadership responsibility
- Apparel and fabric manufacturing economics and operations management (i.e., lead-times, transit times, garment and fabric construction and apparel manufacturing operations)
- Effective project management, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be sharp, deadline focused and motivated
Great to Haves:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, results-driven
- Self-starter - ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proven prioritization, time management, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are an excellent fit Smithe Studios!
Job Type: Contract, Full Time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical and Dental
Smithe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating and inclusive workplace environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, nationality.