Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview Job Overview
The Sales Team Leader's (STL) is a floor present supervisor at the forefront of both the colleague and customer experience. The STL's primary objective is to drive sales and build customer relationships by training, coaching and developing a team of colleagues. The STL is proficient in all aspects of selling culture and has a strong understanding of Bloomie's merchandise presentation standards of excellence. The STL must be able assist with both sales, service, merchandising and fulfillment functions as needed, demonstrating versatility between those functions as dictated by business needs. Ensures best possible customer experience by leading initiatives and related efforts to increase sales and customer loyalty, while delivering Bloomingdale's standards for customer service. The STL role serves a core function supporting the Store Manager and Store Leader in creating a customer centric experience and leading the Bloomie's team in the daily operations of the business, driving sales and profit. Essential Functions Essential Functions
Qualifications and Competencies Education Requirements Min/Preferred Education Level Description
- Performs supervisory functions for total store in the absence of the Store Manager or Store Leader.
- Drives and exceeds sales goals through observing, coaching and role modeling customer-centric selling
- behaviors while providing a fun shopping environment where all customers feel welcome.
- Leads and educates relationship selling and client development; driving outreach to maximize business.
- Delivers a best in-class shopping experience; assisting customers and injecting self into customer interactions to ensure a consistent elevated level of customer service; prompts appropriate service and selling behaviors (e.g. reminds associate to offer business card, to call by name, to suggest an additional item, etc.)
- Ensures colleagues engage with customers and provides a friendly and easy to shop environment.
- Requires and champions use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience
- Demonstrates appropriate product knowledge and communicates sales and promotions to team.
- Trains and coaches colleagues on all of the behaviors, process and job responsibilities required of the selling team; including fulfillment and merchandising.
- Coaches colleagues providing feedback and redirection when necessary.
- Ensures that merchandise presentation and visual standards consistently achieved.
- Protects Company assets, adhering to all operational and cash office procedures.
Minimum High School or GED High School Diploma or equivalent required. Years of Experience Min/Preferred Years of Experience Comments
Minimum 3 3-5 years related experience. Competencies
Essential Physical Requirements Essential Physical Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers .
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Frequent use of computers - Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Prolonged periods of moving and standing for at least 2-4 consecutive hours.
- Ability to move around the selling floor and receiving/stock room freely for the length of the shift. Bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting. May involve reaching above eye level.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.