As the Design Director for Women's Wovens, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the creative direction of the women's wovens department. Wovens refer to fabrics produced by weaving, and in this role, you will be working with various woven garments, such as blouses, dresses, skirts, and tailored apparel. Your primary focus will be to drive the design process, lead a team of designers, and ensure that the women's wovens collections align with the brand's vision, market trends, and customer preferences. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, guide product development, and play a pivotal role in elevating the brand's women's wovens offerings.
As the Design Director for Women's Wovens, you will have the opportunity to shape the brand's design direction, create impactful collections, and contribute to the brand's success in the fashion market. If you are a passionate and experienced designer with a love for woven garments and a desire to lead and inspire, we invite you to apply and be part of our dynamic and innovative design team.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Creative Direction and Design Development:
- Set a compelling design vision for women's wovens that reflects the brand's identity and resonates with the target market.
- Lead the design team in conceptualizing and developing innovative and fashion-forward woven garments.
- Explore new fabrications, finishes, and construction techniques to create unique and appealing designs.
Trend Research and Analysis:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest fashion trends, color palettes, fabric innovations, and garment silhouettes relevant to women's wovens.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify opportunities for product differentiation and improvement.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop seasonal collections for women's wovens, ensuring a cohesive and on-trend assortment.
- Present design concepts and storyboards to internal stakeholders, including merchandisers and executives.
Brand Alignment and Aesthetic:
- Ensure that all women's wovens designs align with the brand's aesthetic, quality standards, and target consumer preferences.
- Collaborate with the brand team to maintain consistent storytelling and branding across woven collections.
Product Development and Fit:
- Work closely with product developers and technical designers to create detailed tech packs and design specifications for prototypes and production.
- Ensure that the fit and construction of all wovens meet high-quality standards and customer expectations.
Budgeting and Timelines:
- Collaborate with the design director and project managers to manage design budgets and adhere to development timelines.
Team Leadership and Mentorship:
- Lead, mentor, and inspire the design team, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment.
- Provide guidance to junior designers and nurture their professional growth.
Collaboration with Cross-Functional Teams:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product developers, merchandisers, and suppliers, to ensure seamless execution of design concepts.
- 7-10 years design experience in outerwear
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Design Director or in a senior design role within the women's outerwear or fashion industry.
Bachelor's Degree in Fashion DesignSkills:
- Proven experience as a Design Director or in a lead design role within women's wovens or a relevant category in the fashion industry.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your creative and technical design skills in women's wovens.
- Proficiency in design software and tools like Adobe Creative Suite.
- In-depth knowledge of woven fabrications, garment construction, and patternmaking.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to articulate design concepts effectively.
- Strong understanding of fashion trends, color theory, and textile innovations.
- Detail-oriented with a strong eye for aesthetics and quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and meet project deadlines.
Pay Range: $160,000 - $173,500
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH