Floor Supervisor is an entry-level management position. A Floor Supervisor shares in the responsibility for the overall performance of the store; and assists Store Management with generating sales potential, recruiting and developmental staff, maintaining store appearance, controlling expenses and shortages. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES
- Maximize sales volume
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Assist in recruiting, training and developing Sales Associates.
- Develop proficiency in all operational policies and procedures.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Ensure customer service in the #1 priority
- Effectively supervise that sales floor to ensure customer / associate awareness at all times.
- Understand and create awareness of the factors to impact sales volume.
- Motivate and develop associates to meet goals / objectives.
- Clearly delegate activities and follow-up on all direction.
- Demonstrate teamwork within the store and company.
- Take initiative and use sound judgment.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate professional image and conduct.
- Follow specific divisional dress code policy.
- Ensure that store staff is treated professionally, courteously and respectfully.
- Involve store staff in accomplishing store goals.
- Take an active role in own development.
- Communicate staff concerns to management.
- Support all company / management decisions.
- Execute and follow-up on all operational policies, procedures and directives.
- Execute and follow-up on Inventory Shrinkage Improvement Program.
- Ensure accuracy in all paperwork.
- Maintain store appearance to reflect the division standard.
- Replenish merchandise on a timely basis.
- Have knowledge of the store merchandise.
- Have knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization.
- Keep management informed of all merchandise-related issues.
- Execute markdowns and re-merchandise as needed.
- POS set-up is timely and effective.
- Execute and maintain the divisional marketing directives.
- Interpret and execute floor plans and guidelines.
- Retail background preferred
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH