Business Operations Coordinator
Navigating contemporary culture and modern luxury, Reference Studios meets the zeitgeist in a cross-channel environment of communication, brand experiences and an unmatched network of key opinion leaders.
Reference Studios is a holistic communications agency founded by Mumi Haiati in 2017 with the vision to create a contemporary platform built on creativity and a vast global network. We count clients such as Gucci, Schinkel Pavillon, Rimowa, David Koma, Carhartt WIP, Universal Music to name a few. With offices in Berlin and Milan, Reference Studios offers an integral approach to communications, in which top tier experience in press relations, creative consulting, brand & community building, retail marketing, and events are mobilised strategically and simultaneously to build momentum and energy around clients.
We are now seeking a full-time Business Operations Coordinator to join our team in Berlin. The ideal candidate has a genuine interest for fashion, culture, and art, excels in a fast-paced environment, has an affinity for numbers, strong organisational skills, an acute attention to detail, and thrives working on multiple projects simultaneously with speed and efficiency. As the backbone of our accounting and operational structure, you will have the opportunity to complete a vast variety of organisational tasks and work closely with all teams, demonstrating ownership, dedication and passion.
- Monitor and coordinate preliminary bookkeeping - including receiving, vetting, and booking of receipts and payable invoices (AP); send-out and booking of receivables invoices (AR); and on-going bookkeeping upload to DATEV Unternehmen Online (DUO)
- Ensure accurate daily AP & AR data availability and draft weekly liquidity overviews
- Support the Business Operations Team by preparing reports, gathering data, updating internal databases and providing visibility to measured results
- Liaise with external business partners (suppliers, creditors, and clients)
- Support with the implementation of digitalised processes and ERP softwares
- Support with internal and external HR related inquiries or requests, with a focus on maintaining HR database up-to-date
- Provide administrative support in client and project acquisition by maintaining administrative documents and data
- Collaborate closely with the Communications and Creative teams to track the progress of projects
- 1-2 year of experience in an operational support position or similar role
- University degree, or an equivalent combination of practical education and experience
- Possessing a strong understanding of accounting processes and data management, you have an affinity for numbers and data. Using spreadsheets and reports, you are able to structure data, and provide clear visibility to extracted insights
- Genuine interest for creative industries, experience within a creative industry - ideally fashion, music or art - preferred
- Understanding of essential business activities and those of the agency
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of staff
- Strong work ethic with a client-oriented mindset and acute attention to detail
- Strong resilience and ability to excel in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially excel), Google worksuite, DATEV, or similar tool sets
- Experience with ERP and/or accounting systems encouraged - Paprika, Monday, Oracle Netsuite
- Fluent in English, and business fluent (advanced) in German required
- an international, diverse team of experts in a dynamic and modern environment
- exposure to high-end & culturally relevant brands, events and products
- a fast paced environment, where we favour quick decision making, and getting things done
- a lot of space for you, your ideas and creativity
- a good-humoured, friendly, and passionate team that loves what we do, and cares for relationship building & team spirit
- a full-time employment contract for a 2 year period of time
- a great working atmosphere in our beautiful, modern office and showroom in Berlin
To apply, please send your cv and cover letter stating indication of your earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Business Operations Coordinator.