Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
As part of the Ralph Lauren FP&A team, the Senior Finance Manager will be accountable for end to end financial support for EMEA store projects (including new stores, renovations, refits, lease renewals, relocations and temporary stores). Leading a small sub-team, this role will also have accountability for the the Capital forecasting process as well as ownership of key lines in the P&L associated with Property (Depreciation, Rent, Rates and Service Charge). You are a proactive and innovative financial professional with the ability to multi-task with a high degree of analytical proficiency and integrity. This position requires commercial experience (ideally in Retail), a strong foundational knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to build strong relationships across the business (both with finance and non finance teams). This is an exciting and high profile role with the opportunity to support drive significant change, as well as build relationships across the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Leading the financial modelling and support for store projects, ensuring that investments create/unlock value for the Company. · Investment appraisals and modelling of pro-forma P&Ls for store projects. This includes scenario modelling, aligning with key stakeholders on inputs and summarizing the financial outputs. · Analysis of appraisal/modelling outputs (e.g. guidance on financial guardrails, impact on future P&Ls, etc.) to provide insight for senior management decision making and provide challenge where required. · Strong business partnering to deliver insightful post investment appraisals that include (but not limited to) conclusions on: actual financial performance versus original approval, drivers for variances and learnings/recommendations for the future. · Preparation and presentation of decks for projects reviews with EMEA senior management/other decision making forums. · Cross-functional working to understand and manage each project's impact on finance processes. · Maintains overall accountability for wider team responsibilities such as: production of capital approval schedules, project tracking and the close/forecasting process for depreciation. · Mentor and train junior members of the team, providing support, guidance and cover where necessary · This role will also support the Head of FP&A with general financial analysis and other ad-hoc projects where required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Qualified Accountant (at least 5 full cycles of PQE) with Retail/Real Estate experience
* Strong communication and presentation skills (oral, written, and formal) with the ability to develop effective partnerships with financial and non-financial partners across varying levels of management
* Experience leading and coaching more junior members of the team
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment; detail oriented with strong organization skills
* Self-motivated/pro-active, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results
* Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills with the ability to work with large volume of data
* Mandatory: Advanced competency in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
* Preferred: SAP, Insight, and Hyperion Essbase