Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
The Senior Manager of Product Development, Leathergoods manages the development of handbags and accessories from initial design concept to bulk production order placement and drives strategic initiatives and innovation to improve product and process. This role requires solid experience in accessories
development, ideally in small leather goods. Experience in apparel
product development alone is not qualifying
for this role, nor is product design . The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Product Development to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Drive product development activities including Product Deverlopment Timeline milestone adherence, costing milestones and Design Review Meetings.
- Oversee and manage consistency and integrity of development packages, samples, and ensure alignment of information between cross-functional teams. Understandand communicatedesign intent for new silhouettes and platforms to global partners.
- Analyzekey cost drivers and components of product make-up, providing guidance and options to the business.
- Partner with Asia Product Development team to drive collaboration and synergy through communication, clarity of roles and responsibilities, and alignment of goals.
- Support team lead to create and present Seasonal Product Development Brief to the business, setting strategies, providing trends, costs and identifying areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Manage and communicate assortment changes relating to design updates, standards, and overall consistency and integrity of information.
- Drive forward product integrity to ensure quality execution and consistency of details while collaborating with global partners toward commercialization and production.
- Build relationships and initiate processes with internal and external partners that facilitate cross-functional synergy and collaboration.
- Initiate and support cross-category developments and collaboration.
- Partner with Material teams to ensure new materials are in work, pass testing requirements, and are on track for milestone deliverables.
- Travels as needed
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience in relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft 360, ECV or other PLM systems
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 6+years of relevant experience in product development, including the categories of handbags and Small Leather Goods (SLGs)
- Strategic agility and ability to drive for results
- Ability to multi-task and manage sometimes conflicting priorities
- Analytic skills to distill data and information to draw conclusions and inform decision-making
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. #LI-RE1 #HYBRID These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Tapestry, Inc. will provide applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation for disabilities or religious beliefs. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Tapestry People Services at 1-855-566-9264 or email@example.com
Visit Coach at www.coach.com. BASE PAY RANGE $88,000.00 TO $120,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S Corporate Compensation & Benefit