As a Material Specialist for Accessories, you are the driving force of material excellence for On Accessories rapidly growing product range. Achieving a leading market position requires innovative thinking and the ability to inspire all product creation shareholders, in our case through materiality. You will directly influence and shape the On Accessories landscape, create a material technology branding strategy and drive ambitious, innovative and sustainable solutions. You embrace challenges and take initiative to solve them by striving for even better. You will report into the Accessories Creation Lead, have one direct report and will collaborate closely with the Accessories Design, Development and Strategy team.
- Create and source materials based on our creative briefs as well as utilising suppliers' capabilities to drive newness, specifically in the performance textile field (Wovens/Warp/Weft/Circular Knits etc) for high performing products (bags/packs/gloves/socks/headwear etc.)
- Research and identify opportunities for innovation in material performance, sustainability and efficiency for On products to drive and enhance the brief creation phase
- Ensure material availability according to calendar timelines, sourcing policies, quality standards and best target prices
- Support Developers and guide material specialist on your team in working towards material-specific targets in regard to the On sustainability roadmap in line with Material strategies
- Lead testing at development stages, working closely with the VN Development team and Quality Manager to ensure materials are ready for commercialisation - advising on improvements through fundamental understanding of yarns, material structures and polymers
- Feed materials quality, prices and production lead times into the PLM systems. - Update database with pricing changes accordingly ensure up to date information at key milestones
- Continuously keep on top of the material library and tools for the product creation teams
- Build and foster strong relationships and communicative channels with T2 Material Suppliers
- Identify potential new material partners and build on the growing material sourcing strategy and diversifying T2 expertise, in collaboration with Accessories Creation Lead, Sourcing Leads
- Liaise and collaborate with local and international teams (EUR/ NAM / ASIA) - Design, Product Development, Product Management, Innovation, Sustainability and Testing teams
- Oversee and support in the lap dipping process from Creation through to bulk approval
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum) in Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology from a global leading university or in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the Performance material industry with Asia supplier/factory experience as a fundamental part of the previous role
- Previous experience managing or mentoring team members
- Previous experience building a performance testing strategy is highly desirable
- Affinity for Sportswear design and technology, with a key awareness of trends both within the industry and analogous industries
- Willingness to travel globally to our material suppliers/mills to create, develop, and source On materials, in line with our company strategy and vision
- Strong understanding of the industry's processes with ability to lead cross-functional projects toward a vision collaboratively
- Strong eye for product aesthetics with an opinion on how to think and act strategically
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as superior communication skills (verbal and written English)
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment
- Talent to deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges
Meet The Team
We're responsible for creating innovative accessories for On. You will join a newly established team within the R&D function. We have a lot of responsibility to try and meet the needs and demands of runners. So we research, design, develop and test lots of ideas scientifically.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.