Job Description: Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain stock fabrics, trims and yarns.
- Cut, press, label and color code fabric swatches.
- Maintain contents of swatch drawers.
- Assist a high volume of students in use of the lab and respond to inquiries.
- Provide guidance to students on the basic operation of the snap machine.
- Maintain cleanliness of lab
- Answer telephones
- Maintain records of instructional materials borrowed by faculty.
- Deliver forms to various departments for signature as required.
- Pick up materials donated from the textile industry as directed.
- Assist with semi-annual inventory and maintenance of dress and pant forms in fashion design classrooms.
- Assist in preparation and installation of showcase displays including clean showcase windows, proper assembly techniques of mannequins, transport and install mannequins into display cases.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma and two years of appropriate business experience.
- Knowledge of fabrics, trims and fashion industry required.
- Experience handling, pressing and cutting fabrics required.
- Aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail; good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with garment construction sewing.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
The hourly rate for this position is $24.62 per Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), Salary Schedule 87. Work Schedule
Days/Hours: M-F, 19 hours per week, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage. Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. Visa Sponsorship
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, constantly analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be any combination of the classroom, lab, and/or office space. Physical requirements include: ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs of a variety of supplies such as fabric, pattern paper, etc; ability to retrieve these supplies from within a ten block radius of the college; ability to manipulate and push a handcart to and from supplier sites, with assistance as necessary. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Part-Time Stockroom Assistant.