Individual will support and partner with the Fabric Manager of Fabric R&D, in sourcing and developing fabrics with appropriate aesthetic and costs for brand, adhering to quality and speed, while maintaining all deadlines. Individual will also support in the creation and maintenance of the fabric resource library to research seasonal inspiration as well as an archive of Calvin Klein seasonal production fabrics. Individual will also maintain brand fabric databases that is easily navigated by all functional areas.POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for supporting day to day global denim developments, that fit the aesthetics and cost, while ensuring the quality and speed, for the Calvin Klein brand.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Support the Research of fabric trends by attending mill/vendor fabric appointments and local fabric shows with Manager of fabric R&D.
- Assist in creating seasonal fabric trends to communicate to cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for supporting the Fabric Team in all aspects of researching, creating and executing the seasonal collection (from Concept to Showroom samples) across Wholesale and Retail channels Men's & Women's Denim.
- Own and drive the follow up process, with design, supply, mills, vendors and overseas offices.
- Support Manager of Fabric R&D in ensuring product integrity by reviewing SSY yardage charts and calling out exception-based issues to solve with quality team.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to resolve business challenges in accordance with the seasonal development calendars, ensuring adherence to cost, speed and quality.
- Responsible for the process of maintaining fabric information/ track sample yardage to ensure on-time garment deliveries for proto samples.
- Drive the process of establishing Fabric Design approval standards and ensure approvals are filed & distributed to overseas offices, mills and vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Build and maintain archive of core/ running fabrics Calvin Klein library.
- Manage receipt of new fabrics and file accordingly. Build and maintain fabric library, making it easy to utilize by R&D team as well as designers.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining fabric information in fabric database in the Centric system.
- 2-3 years in textile industry working with fabrics.
- College degree
- Basic technical understanding of textiles required for Denim & Woven fabrics.
- Basic computer knowledge, proficient in excel and company systems; WEB PLM Preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline driven with a strong sense of urgency and accuracy.
Pay Range: $65,000 - $75,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH