About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
The Sr. Director of Human Resources (HRBP) will be responsible for developing and delivering talent strategies, culture, and organization interventions for Gap Inc. Corporate Functions - specifically supporting Gap Inc. Finance and Consumer, Digital, and Technology (CDT) teams.
The HRBP will support key business partners within the Gap Inc. Finance and CDT Leadership Teams. The role serves an integral part in aligning and executing talent, culture, and organizational solutions across two critical Corporate Functions - both functions are pursuing large-scale functional transformations. They will be responsible for and contribute to developing people strategies, overseeing all day-to-day HR activities for the clients, providing thought leadership to these organizations and associated Leadership Teams, developing and executing talent management and change management strategies, and partnering with key Gap Inc. HR solution centers (Talent Management + Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, , Total Rewards, etc.) to deliver results against the people strategies.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Provide thought leadership and consultation/support on people and organizational issues: collectively, directly and through matrix management throughout the organization, leveraging resources, programs and tools to achieve desired outcomes.
- Actively participate with and influence Leadership Teams, advising on people and organizational impact of business plans and decisions; ensure that change and transformation plans are established and effectively executed.Identify and implement strategies which improve employee engagement year over year, as measured through the continuous listening process.
- Analyze HR metrics to identify business opportunities while working with leadership to develop and implement solutions.Drive talent management and succession planning activities within the business.
- Manage the employee value proposition for employees in multiple business areas through all facets of the employee lifecycle. Drive talent practices that motivate and engage the workforce and aligns with Gap Inc. philosophy and multi-function business goals.
- Ensure all talent practices are focused on creating an inclusive work environment and partner with Diversity Business Partners to deliver on our Equality and Belonging commitments.Proactively partner with the business and HR partners in Talent Management to develop strategies to strengthen or fill gaps, as needed, to ensure a ready now talent pipeline; identify and deploy appropriate retention strategies to promote organizational stability.Champion and personally demonstrate Gap Inc. and function culture, values and ethics.
Critical Skills for Success:
- Strategic Mindset - Able to interpret the business strategy and propose HR solutions that drive optimal business value.Situational Adaptability - Able to interpret insights and "pivot" as necessary to support the business as needed.
- Business Acumen - Understands brand portfolio and interconnections to Gap Inc. and is able to drive solutions that enable new Ways of Working to sustain desired business performance (i.e., growth, SG&A discipline, etc.)
- Leadership Poise - Credible business partner that communicates effectively (using relevant data/insights) to all levels of the organization: able to influence without formal authority: can adapt communication style to drive results for diverse audiences.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Strong business orientation, drive for results, and desire to win; Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Proven track record leading talent, culture, and organizational solutions in large-scale transformation projects - key leader of organization design, change management, post project stabilization efforts.High level of comfort with HR disciplines (employee relations, compensation, benefits, talent management, talent acquisition, and equality and belonging ).
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); excellent communicator; good listening skills; skilled problem solver and negotiator; hands-on practitioner and strategic thinker.Evaluate sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information (internal and external sources).
- Ability to influence up, down and across the organization; a team oriented leader and player.Resolves conflict in a direct manner that maintains good relationships.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with remote teams and partners.
- Welcomes a diversity of ideas, approaches, and points of view.Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures and styles of work).
- Ability to travel to support the needs of key stakeholders.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $188,300 - $259,100 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.