At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
This position will follow the jewellery and eyewear product development for all Burberry collections, including capsules, special projects and VIPs.
Candidate will report to the Jewellery & Eyewear Product Development Manager, and maintain delivery of high quality products that aligned with the company's directions.
We are looking for individual with previous experience in Jewellery developing with knowledge of precious metal, stone settings, galvanic process, developing and sourcing gems and semi-precious stones. They are outcome orientated over outputs. Candidate must be able to problem solve and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines. Good understanding of beautiful design and jewellery product making is important.
The developer will focus on Burberry semi-precious jewellery category as well as liaising with licencing partner on eyewear developments. And working directly with the design team to organise launches and aspects of collection planning. Managing vendors and stone cutters and follow up on launches of all jewellery while respecting delivery dates. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working directly with design team to manage product information (launches, collection overview, spec sheets, sample delivery, runway and look book preps)
- Liaising with vendors to follow a product life cycle, from CAD launch, prototyping, sampling delivery and production comments
- Ensure a good relationship is maintained with vendors and suppliers and shipments are delivered on time and to budget
- Working with cross functional teams which includes: merchandising, product engineers, sourcing, showroom, digital, business and data analyst and other partners.
- Inputting and updating PLM, working with PD admin to ensure accuracy is maintained throughout the collection
- Tracking and reporting multiple budget for product development, prototypes and samples
- Previous experience in jewellery development, with understanding of metal, galvanic, gems and semi-precious stones
- Deliberate practice with strong problem solving skills and outcome orientated
- Adaptable, fast and proactive, with a high level of attention to detail
- Good design sensibility - knowledge of good design, the market, the luxury consumer and peer awareness
- Commercial understanding of product cost, markets and tracking against budgets
- Strong communication skills, able to effectively share information with the team in a clear, concise way
- Demonstrated ability to operate at pace with flexibility, initiative and solution orientated
- Strong organisational skills
- Computer skills: Excel, InDesign, PLM (must)
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9017 || n/a ||