The New York Service Center Polisher provides services on client owned merchandise at Tiffany & Co.'s iconic flagship location. Working closely with the Service Center jewelers and administrative staff, the Polisher works with all precious metals, including platinum, gold and silver as well as other specialty materials. The Polisher is expected to service merchandise using standard jewelry polishing and cleaning techniques including a polishing wheel, hand polishing, an ultrasonic cleaner, and steamer. The Polisher possesses a deep knowledge of jewelry materials. The Polisher understands workshop safety and ensures risks are minimized. The Polisher may also be asked to perform some personalization services using company equipment and software (training will be provided). The Polisher works variable shifts to cover retail hours, including some weekends and holidays. Opportunities exist to develop jeweler skills. Responsibilities
- Perform polishing and specialty restoration techniques on assigned jewelry and silver according to Tiffany & Co. design and quality standards.
- Complete all assigned orders in accordance with department standards.
- Advise Repair Services management of areas of concern regarding processing, work capacity and merchandise quality issues.
- Review repair request and seek out assistance, if clarification is required, before starting repair work.
- Perform a pre-check on all assigned orders and use the technical worksheet to note any unusual or missing item condition.
- Maintain assigned work in an organized manner and maintain an accurate log book of all completed orders.
- Develop product knowledge and grow technical skills by working with experienced coworkers on specialty restoration including Sandblasting, Rhodium and Enameling processes.
- Perform machine engraving and embossing services.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Technical training or 5 years of polishing experience with gold, platinum, silver and all types of precious stones.
- Experience in use of multi or single-speed polishing machine and various rouges to complete the task
- Ability to effectively communicate thought and ideas regarding polishing and the process
- Experience in the washing of polished jewelry and silver
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Preferred Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Experience with lapping machines
- Understanding of the working of polishing equipment, dust collection and wash out equipment
- Understanding of Plating Operations, Enameling, Silversmith and Sandblasting
- Familiarity with graphics software
The hiring range for this position ranges from $22.32-30.18 per hour. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.