Proudly Scottish at heart, but embracing a global perspective, Strathberry designs luxury accessories, handcrafted in Spain with dedication to using the finest quality materials and finishes. Renowned for our bar closure and minimalist design, Strathberry's aesthetic and detailing have attracted customers around the globe.
The Strathberry collection now sells in over 100 countries worldwide. Our retail footprint includes iconic locations such as Burlington Arcade, King's Road, Multrees Walk and Covent Garden. Not forgetting our cherished Edinburgh Townhouse, where we are able to offer a unique and private experience at the home of our brand. These locations, plus our wholesale footprint, have fuelled international awareness and propelled Strathberry to emerge as one of the UK's fastest growing contemporary luxury brands.
Strathberry recently secured investment to support exciting future plans and this funding marks a dynamic new chapter for the brand, as it embarks upon a rapid growth journey.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, Strathberry is seeking a passionate and flexible Product Developer to join the team.
The role will offer exposure to the wide range of activities within the product development process. The successful candidate will be involved in supporting the full design process from initial prototype to final sample for market. The role will suit someone with a strong attention to detail, producing high standards of work who equally is able to adhere to strict deadlines.
Given the hands-on nature of this support role, the successful candidate will be based within our Head Office, situated in the heart of Edinburgh.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure their creative vision is executed whilst meeting end use and functionality requirements.
- Develop new styles from initial design, 1st prototype to a production approved sample.
- Find solutions through innovative development to reduce cost and achieve target margins.
- Raw material sourcing, strive for material and cost improvements increasing sustainable mixes throughout the range.
- Adhering to the company’s product development calendar, tracking collection progress, and solving issues to meet collection objectives and deadlines.
- Continuously update the collection overview, range plan and seasonal documents, as well as well as keeping other teams informed.
- Create shipments to suppliers across the globe, ensuring shipments are delivered on time and to budget.
- Manage approvals and master samples for leather, hardware, and techniques.
- Provide support to the product and design team regarding product information (spec sheets, colour cards, sample location)
- Full management of product samples – contacting suppliers, update delivery schedules, tracking, unpacking, logging, labelling, and storing all samples within an organised system.
- Measure final sample for size and fit of digital accessories.
- Communicate daily with workshops and suppliers.
- Prepare the bill of material documents for samples and the main collection.
- Input product data to Zedonk, Product Master and cost files, always ensuring data accuracy.
- Work with the Production team to ensure product handover is seamless, to ensure bulk ordering is meets our deadlines.
- Communicate relevant information to the photography and e-comm teams.
- Organise sample sale stock.
- Assist in set up of the seasonal showroom.
- Order wholesale exclusive and PR samples
- Ensure the wear trial document is updated ahead of monthly meetings and support on any additional testing that is needed.
- Coordinating product queries
- Handling daily tasks given to you by the Product Development Manage
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a product development role, ideally with a premium/luxury brand.
- Commercial expertise in accessories with a knowledge of trends, the market, and the luxury consumer.
- Committed to achieving excellent quality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Flexible, self -motivated, punctual and solution oriented.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills - able to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Computer literate with knowledge of excel.
- Experience in Zedonk is beneficial but not essential.
- Able to work full-time from our Edinburgh Head Office.