About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
Develop and execute the Sourcing strategy to drive competitive advantage, cost savings and consistent results for multiple categories across Gap Inc, for approximately $4B in indirect spend. Lead a team of professionals to support indirect sourcing activities. Create breakthrough strategies to identify new opportunities for savings and process improvement. Develop strong, effective business partner relationships at the executive level that lead to on-going strategic partnerships. Execute effective strategic planning and implementation for multiple categories and management processes. This key role will create and evolve the strategic vision for indirect procurement functions, partnering with executive peers across the organization to ensure their objectives are aligned to support company operations and financial goals. The role will also focus on supplier identification, sourcing execution, contract negotiation, delivery planning and monitoring, purchase execution, and ongoing performance management and improvement.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Develop and implement a sourcing vision, plan, and strategy that is aligned with Gap Inc. business goals and organizational initiatives that creates a competitive advantage through the sourcing and procurement of goods and services.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and key vendors.
- Lead and conduct high visibility and complex competitive negotiation processes, as needed.
- Establish and execute a best-in-class source to pay process and adherence to sourcing policy; comply with sourcing policies, contingency plans, and additional strategic initiatives and agendas (e.g. ESG) in support of risk management.
- Assess, deploy, and/or leverage best-in-class procurement systems and tools.
- Lead and develop the Indirect Sourcing teams.
- Build effective strategic relationships with leadership, senior leaders and other executive leaders and successfully partners across varied functions with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies, and colleagues to drive results and influence change.
- Set goals and category performance targets for the team and coaches' leaders to achieve goals; holds vendors accountable to performance agreements. Establish quarterly business reviews with key suppliers.
- Drive annual savings in our total indirect spend while improving process, SLAs and vendor relationships
- Leverage experience to identify and prioritize new sourcing opportunities and create resource plans to achieve goals and targets.
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define strategic sourcing role and align project objectives and targets with executives.
- Prioritize and lead the continuous improvement process for programs within purview.
- Create and manage short-, mid- and long-term goals and objectives, including key KPIs.
- Create and improve best practice-based processes (e.g., strategic planning and buying philosophy, high value/strategic sourcing vision, etc.).
- Develop benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement.
- Lead/participate in a cost excellence committee to drive cost discipline across procurement spend.
- Analyze, reviews, and monitors contracts to verify compliance with work statements, performance periods, deliverables and procurement requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Lead updates to purchasing and contracting policies and procedures as needed.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Functional Expertise: expert in Strategic Sourcing knowledge and proven ability leveraging external experts, associations, industry peers to identify and benchmark best practices; broad knowledge of procurement tools and having deployed/leveraged these tools in the past; proven experience not only managing major categories, but also tail spend, driving savings through tools/processes.
- Change Leadership - demonstrated experience leading through significant change and transformation to move an organization forward.
- Proven ability to influence company executives to achieve business results.
- Collaboration & Influencing - proven ability to influence and make decisions cross-functionally in a matrixed environment. Demonstrated political and organizational savvy; can effectively and directly manage conflicting viewpoints and challenging situations with minimal negative impact; can influence peers on demand levers in indirect procurement categories, to drive cost discipline.
- Proven ability to drive sourcing strategy through strong Business Partner relationships, Market Intelligence and Sourcing Capabilities.
- Decision-Making - Deep experience in problem solving capabilities; can see a problem from multiple angles and provide viable, innovative options for resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and plan resources to achieve goals and support unplanned work.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Finance, or related field-or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Excellent leadership skills and big-picture mentality.
- Business acumen, including industry knowledge and understanding, negotiating, strategic and tactical planning, problem analysis, written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of contracting process and ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Ability to prepare bids, requests for quotes, and proposals
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $245,500 - $337,600 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.