We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
Management of SEA Store Construction projects.The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to:
The accomplished individual will be:
- Take Ownership and Management of small to medium sized new store projects, enhancements, fixture drops and roll out projects from inception to completion.
- Assist managers in the successful delivery of large scale projects.
- Work in Direct and Wholesale retail markets and with Distributor operators globally.
- Manage projects globally (Asia, and ANZ)
- Attend property owner (landlord), meetings to fully understand site conditions, fit-out requirements, local codes, building conditions, timelines, approvals, etc.
- Consolidate detailed site survey package from vendors for Tapestry Architecture team to be able to accurately design each project.
- Develop critical path and timeline for each project with Microsoft Project.
- Forecast, track, and manage project budgets.
- Exercise project tendering/bidding process from various contractors/vendors.
- Consolidate cost evaluation, invoices into summary for each project.
- Manage millwork deliveries in conjunction with Tapestry supply Chain/Production team.
- Negotiate with each vendor/contractor to meet financial goals.
- Coordinate with architects/contractors to execute store design from NY.
- Review construction fit-out drawings & fixture shop drawings from contractor/vendors.
- Produce weekly status report on all projects, track all project stages from landlord's feedback, design development, material orders, vendors/contractors progress.
- Provide site inspections for ongoing projects, produce punch lists both during and at the time of completion of each project, produce Post Occupancy Evaluation.
- Conclude budgetary close-out of projects within acceptable time-frames (90 Days).
- Execution and follow-up on all construction/manufacturing warranties.
- Assist Store Operations and Wholesale in small maintenance projects, and provide technical support.
- Assist the PM/SPM in developing and maintain historical construction cost data specific to region.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as and when needed.
- Frequent travel throughout Southeast Asia and some ANZ.
An outstanding professional will have:
- A minimum 3 years in Retail Construction experience.
- Highly organized, analytical and decisive.
- Strong multi-tasking ability, communication and prioritization skills.
- Strategic Thinking & Influence.
- Initiative & Getting Things Done.
- Analysis, Decision Making & Problem Solving.
- Adaptability & Flexibility to work work independently and part of a team
- Strong code of ethics.
- Supporting a positive team environment.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 3 - 5 years' experience in the field of retail construction and fit-out management (retail projects/store opening experience is a must), retail fixture development, architecture and building/construction.
- Require extensive knowledge on CAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ideally have language skills in English and Mandarin.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/