Our vision is to establish HUGO BOSS as the leading premium tech-driven fashion platform worldwide and to be one of the top 100 global brands. At HUGO BOSS, we work as a team to apply our knowledge, skills and experience together and create a diversity of ideas and solutions. What unites us? We love fashion, we change fashion!
At HUGO BOSS, you have the opportunity to contribute your personality, ideas and creativity - because only when we break new ground together can we create something unique. Become part of our team of more than 17.000 employees worldwide and shape your future at HUGO BOSS!
As a member of the HUGO BOSS Human Resources team, the HR Director, Savannah Distribution Center
is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to the Distribution Center. The role will provide support to the Senior Director, Human Resources, North America with executing people initiatives, drive HR process and improvement, as well as provide guidance to the leadership located in the Distribution Center. In this role, you will have one direcrt report, a Sr. HR Generalist and work fully onsite.What you can expect:Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Ability to lead and manage projects, programs and practices that engage, inspire, and recognize workforce performance
- Understanding of business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the DC
- Strong understanding managing in a collective bargaining environment
- Manage all HR functions, including talent review and acquisition, performance management, organizational capability and design, compensation, benefits, employee relations, leadership development and training to deliver effective and quality service
- Hands-on approach with understanding the population as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Oversee and ensure all leave of absence and work compensation claims are managed timely and appropriately
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Senior Leaders, Senior HR Director, VP of Distribution and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows.
- Collaborate with Senior HR Director and VP of Distribution on the implementation and rollout of strategies, programs and policies.
- Work closely with the Senior HR Director and VP of Distribution in working with internal departments to resolve complex HR issues
- Coach and advise management team on performance management conversations and documentation
- Provide leadership, advice and counsel to management on all human capital issues including employee relations conversations and all corrective action documents to ensure consistency across all locations
- Manage and advise in employee disciplinary action, terminations, and investigations for all employees
- Coach employees on policy and procedure applications, employment- including federal and state labor laws, conflict resolution, and change management to promote a fair and equitable work environment.
- Implement and oversee the Performance Management process and organizational assessment and learning strategies
- Manage the New Hire process for Corporate and Bargaining Unit team members
- Partner with the New York office with Headcount Budgets and other HR initiatives
- Create and maintain accurate job descriptions for every position, inclusive of Savannah Bargaining Unit positions
- Partner with the Talent Manager and HR Generalist, Savannah DC on the recruitment process for the Distribution Center as it relates to interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
- Other duties such as research, and special projects as assigned.
Your benefits:HUGO BOSS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Psychology preferred
- At least 7-10 years of HR Management experience and Union environment is a must
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to drive and deliver excellent employee experience, expert advice regarding best practices, legal requirement and risk.
- Extensive experience in employee relations
- Union experience a must
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and strong follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change and meet multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work effectively
- Strong relationship-building and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Knowledge of HR employment related laws/practices
- Minimal Travel to the NY Corporate office
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications
- Knowledge in SAP is a plus
- 21 Paid Days Off (pro-rated based on first year of employment) plus your Birthday off
- Paid Parental Leave for FT employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits with Health Saving Account (HSA) option
- 401(K) with company match
- SHIP (Share Investment Program)
- Offers eligible employees the opportunity to become a co-owner and acquire shares in HUGO BOSS AG at special SHIP conditions.
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Generous Employee Discount Program
- Voluntary Benefits and Critical Illness
- Company sponsored Life and Disability benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts for auto/home/pet insurance
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.