At the Fashion Institute of Technology, the HR Information Specialist will be responsible for managing and maintaining HR information systems and records. The subject matter expert will develop business and technical requirements; configure and customize systems; design and build reports and queries; perform testing and quality assurance; and act as a liaison between IT and HR. This position will report to IT and will be assigned to specifically support the technology systems and needs of Human Resources. Essential Functions: Client/Information Expertise and Support
Technical & Business Support
- Use HR systems knowledge and experience to partner with HR subject matter experts to design, develop, and maintain HR systems.
- Create/transform business needs into user, functional, and system requirements through enterprise systems/services, including the Banner HR module.
- Develop, write, and/or facilitate complex HR reports in Argos.
- Provide excellent and timely service.
- Provide operational, functional and technical support for the design, development, configuration, and/or customization of enterprise applications, systems, and services.
- Perform business and technical analysis and documentation for system maintenance/patching, modifications, and enhancements.
- Design/author system/service requirements, configurations, and specifications, working closely with enterprise software engineers.
- Develop and maintain documentation (e.g. charters, implementation plans, user guides & testing, knowledge base articles, etc.) for existing, modified, or new systems, applications, solutions, or services.Participate, coordinate, and/or document the user acceptance testing.
- Review new systems, modules, and workflows for potential implementation.
- Train FIT employees on applications, systems, and/or tools related to the unit's supported operation.
- Liaise with vendors.
- Interact effectively in a highly-paced, collaborative, and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Act as the lead Project Manager for IT-related projects within the Human Resources Division and any other assigned clients or systems.
- Manage all aspects (schedules, resources, communications, issues, risk, and implementation) and deliver results on-time, on-budget, and in scope.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position. Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, IT, Business, or related field or Associate's degree and equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in information systems services, business analysis, and/or project management with a focus on analyzing, developing, documenting, designing and delivering technology.
- Experience performing effective service, support and management of the technical needs and solutions.
- Experience independently managing priorities and projects.
- Experience designing and developing custom reports and queries.
- Experience testing and debugging new and modified computer solutions.
- Experience with one or more Information Systems, preferably Ellucian Banner (HR Module) or similar
- Experience working in a higher education is preferred.
- Technology- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including systems, applications, report writing, and configuration and customization experience. The ability to work proficiently within Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Google Workspace tools - as well as Smartsheets, FileZilla or similar file transfer tools, and other HR tools as needed
- Data Information - Knowledge of database table structures and proper use to maintain clean data and integrity
- Critical Thinking & Complex Problem Solving- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to system and service problems
- Quality Control Analysis & Troubleshooting- Conducting tests to evaluate quality or performance; determine causes of operating errors
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people and to improve the existing enterprise application portfolio
- Effective Communication - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand
- Time Management & Prioritization - The ability to work on multiple projects under tight project deadlines
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made. Salary
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment. Starting Salary: $85,860 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 96, after one year of service and annually thereafter. Bargaining Unit Title
Systems Specialist (CBA) Work Schedule
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department. Benefits
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage . Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com. Visa Sponsorship
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Fashion Institute of Technology. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Diversity Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org . Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, constantly analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require constant sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, occasional walking, and occasional lifting 10 lbs. or less. Application Instructions:
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application materials.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Project Manager/ Information Systems Specialist.