Bloomingdale's has an exciting opportunity for a self-driven senior art director to bring to life our content strategy in our organic social channels. This individual should have a high taste level and a portfolio demonstrating expertise in creating fashion and lifestyle content. The SAD will oversee the day-to-day concepting and be very hands on in the execution of photography, video and designed comps, ensuring that our brand personality and standards are met.Core Responsibilities:
- Editorial Concepting, Planning & Execution: You will compile inputs from various internal partners, synthesize business priorities, and align them with the human calendar to craft monthly concepts that resonate with Bloomingdale's customers. Your ability to adapt to current trends and inject spontaneity into our content will keep our brand relevant.
- Develop editorial and visual concepts tailored to our various channels, ensuring product and styling align with our brand positioning.
- Edit photography and video, providing final selects, cropping, and retouching notes. Collaborate closely with the copy team to ensure headlines, captions, and verbiage complement your visuals.
- Collaborate with internal producers to secure talent and art direct photoshoots, transforming your creative concepts into compelling visual content.
- Multi-Channel Strategy: With a keen eye for detail, ensure your imagery is versatile enough to support various channels, from long-form YouTube videos to short-form Instagram Stories and everything in between.
- Presentation Excellence: Present your ideas to senior leadership for approval and be open to feedback and adjustments
- Collaboration: Partner with other creative teams to build social support around seasonal campaigns, launches, store openings, and vendor/influencer collaborations.
- Innovation & Data-Driven Strategy: Stay at the forefront of industry trends, consistently presenting innovative opportunities to the SVP of Creative. Monitor data and channel performance, adapting strategies to boost engagement, reach, and followers.
- Community Engagement: Train our customers to engage with us effectively by rewarding desired behavior.
- Engage with vendors, influencers, and the companies we follow to foster valuable partnerships and connections.
- Continuously seek opportunities to incorporate user-generated content
We encourage candidates with either a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field to apply
- 8+ years of content creation, photo/video/design art direction
- 2+ years social media experience, with both strategic and creative skills
- We need your innovative thinking to propose groundbreaking content ideas that not only boost engagement but also expand our followership.
- Your skill set should span photo and video art direction, coupled with a flair for design, allowing you to seamlessly execute your creative concepts.
- Be well-versed in the nuances of social media best practices across platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- As a hands-on leader, you will oversee the day-to-day concepting and personally execute photography, video, and design comps, ensuring our brand's personality and standards shine through.
- Your ability to communicate best practices and insights across the organization, coupled with your knack for cross-functional collaboration, is paramount to your success in this role. Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills and ability to work cross functionality with authority and experience to engage all audiences effectively is required.
- Resourcefulwith time and tight budgets.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work and communicate strategically at all levels of the organization.