Maison Margiela is a Paris-based fashion house founded in 1988 by Belgian designer Martin Margiela. Celebrating unconventional aesthetics and embracing the philosophy that fashion is an art of expression rather than a cult of personality, Maison Margiela offers haute couture, ready-to-wear for women and men, contemporary line MM6, footwear, interior design, and accessories, including leather goods, fine jewelry and fragrance.
John Galliano was named Creative Director of the house in 2014, bringing his sense of spectacle and creative mastery to the unique ethos of Maison Margiela. Whilst developing his own vision for the house, John Galliano has entirely respected the Martin Margiela state of mind, creating a fascinating organic process.
In 2002, the French house became part of OTB. Along with sister brands of the group, Maison Margiela continues pushing the boundaries of modern fashion while preserving its distinctive identity and heritage. Job Summary:
Role and Responsibilities Sales
- The Supervisor assists the management team in their effort to achieve store sales and maximize profitability through the effective management and supervision of the store team and the implementation of company programs, policies and procedures.
- The Supervisor takes a proactive approach to the business trends and needs; she/he acts as a positive role model to store personnel, representing and supporting the brand and values.
- The Supervisor is responsible for continuously improving and developing specific supervisory skills by taking ownership of responsibilities (visual/merchandising/operations) assigned by the Store Manager. In the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, the Supervisor temporarily assists with store management responsibilities, making short-term decisions.
Assists the management team in their effort to:
- Meet store sales and target goals;
- Maximize profitability through optimization and controlling of expenses; and
- Reach the achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Strong customer service skills to provide courteous and precise customer satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and prioritizing capabilities.
- Follow-up with clients through telephone calls, letters, cards and special announcements keep book of clients including sales records, records of all client preferences, colors, sizes and styles as well as records of clients' life events (birthdates, etc.)
- Align with style and qualitative standards of the Brand throughout Sales and post-sale process.
- Take full advantage of all contacts with customers in the Store and promote both the Brand and Product.
- Collaborate with other colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Constantly keep up-to-date regarding fashion trends; know and monitor competition.
- Know customers' needs, both expressed and less obvious.
- Demonstrate, recommend and style the products available; promote wardrobing.
- Schedule client appointments and pull merchandise for clients in advance of appointments.
- Ensure customer loyalty by collecting customer information and entering it into the database, thus building an extremely valuable clientele base that consists of high profile, international, professional and consistent customers.
- Assist the management team as needed in the organization of training for store employees through accurate use of store training programs, specifically the Customer Service program.
- Assist the management team as needed with maintaining high-training standards.
Development & Performance
- Report to management team the strengths and areas of development for store personnel.
- Suggest to the management team appropriate action to promote and encourage the
Supervisor's own professional development by using tools and best practices.
Supervision and Organization
- Assist the management team in promoting a positive, professional and sales-oriented environment and promoting a culture open to internal feedback.
- Assist the management team as needed in assigning work load appropriately and effectively among store employees.
- Assist management team as needed in regular store meetings.
- Organize and lead store meetings as directed by the management team to communicate store targets, priorities, and other relevant subjects.
- Assist with monitoring store merchandise standards and needs through appropriate reports and store team feedback.
- Assist the management team by communicating product needs and quality issues to Store Manager.
- Assist with ensuring that visual merchandising guidelines (criteria and quantities) are
- implemented effectively and all product presentation is maintained according to brand standards and guidelines.
- Ensure constant updates are executed
- Assist with providing daily training to store employees.
- Assist with slow-seller management by identifying commercial store needs and communicating it to the management team.
- Provide appropriate feedback to management team.
- Minimize stock loss by implementing and executing all control Policies and Procedures.
- Assist management team in holding store personnel accountable and responsible for all inventory control and Loss Prevention Policies and Procedures.
- Assist the management team with organizing and carrying out an accurate stock take by implementing the Stock Take Procedure.
- Inform store personnel about local health and safety laws.
- Keep store personnel informed about the terms and conditions of employment with respect to work-time regulations and equal opportunity law.
- Maintain safe working conditions for employees and customers.
- Follow all company policies.
- Adhere to all State and Federal Laws.
The physical demands described must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Required to stand and walk for up to eight hours in a workday.
- Required to lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to be able to engage in the following activities: Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, grasping, pinching, reaching/lifting above shoulders in a repetitive manner; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and work with cleaning solutions.
- The following vision abilities are required: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- 2+ years experience in a client-driven environment in lead sales or supervisory role.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized with exceptional time-management skills.
- 4 year degree and/or equivalent combination of work and experience.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Experience in luxury or high-end, client-based environment.