We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
The Senior Manager, Global Trade Compliance is responsible for supporting the Senior Director, Global Trade & Customs in ensuring the Company's processes, internal controls and reporting are compliant with European Customs and other government agencies requirements. The position will also provide international compliance support regarding country of origin marking, product valuation, tariff classification, duties paid, product compliance, etc. and continuously assess potential compliance risks and opportunities. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Trade & Customs Compliance to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Develop and roll-out a best in class customs compliance and risk mitigation program
- Focus on building a programme for ensuring compliance with applicable trade laws and regulations, as well communicating these requirements to internal and external partners.
- Review and update policies and manuals as needed
- Develop and deliver training on trade compliance topics as needed to internal and external partners
- Conduct periodic reviews of controls and documentation
- Collaborate with colleagues in US and abroad on various compliance topics
- Leverage trade compliance and optimization software tools to support trade function like product classifications, global trade content, tariff analyzer, DPS, and FTA modules
- Communicate and maintain oversight with Customs brokers and other agents
- Identify opportunities to streamline, harmonize and support roll-out of compliance best practices
- Provide commercially focused advice on all aspects of customs/import taxes relating to the group's international supply chain
- Support business development and other projects like Brexit, bonded warehouses, providing advice and solutions in respect of customs/import taxes
- Management of audits, applications for rulings and other negotiations with customs authorities
- Proactively identify opportunities to reduce customs/import tax costs, mitigate risks and improve cash flow and cash management strategies
- Increase knowledge and awareness for the region on global customs/import taxes including providing technical guidance and training
- Support product compliance and regulatory affairs issues to drive our global lifestyle strategy
- Partner on all regulatory affairs matters and product compliance with teams to ensure OGA requirements are addressed and compliance standards applied consistently across Europe.
- Act as the conduit for the flow of information between Legal, Quality, Finance, Logistics and relevant business partners to ensure other trade compliance matters such as product labeling, country of origin marking, quality standards, product safety standards, and rules covering testing of product are complied with.
- Monitor and disseminate new and changing product compliance laws and regulations.
- Maintain global repository of OGA requirements by category and agency to enable growth, ensure regulatory compliance, and reduce supply chain disruptions.
- Support the Vice President,Global Trade Services on various projects, as needed
- Conduct research on various trade topics
- Support long-term strategic initiatives
- Work cross-functionally and divisionally to drive global trade agenda
What Tapestry can offer you:
- 5+ years of experience within industry or Big 4 with extensive knowledge of customs and indirect taxes applicable to global supply chains
- Working knowledge of WTO, regional and local import tariff rules and practices together with working knowledge of other taxes payable on the shipment of tangible goods (e.g. import VAT)
- Practical experience of customs/import tax valuation and compliance processes, from extraction of data and preparation of documentation to the handling of disputes
- Sound commercial awareness and understanding of business drivers
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize personal workload
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in multicultural, international teams focused on identifying practical solutions
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills (Spanish speaking a plus) with the ability to present complex subject matter clearly and succinctly
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working (3 days working from the office, 2 days remote)
- Option to finish early on a Friday (Flex Fridays)
- 1 Paid Volunteering Day per year and opportunities to volunteer with global projects
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Internal mobility & career progression
- Regular Social Events - Seasonal & Cultural
- Equity Inclusion & Diversity initiatives which include employee resource groups & regional inclusion council
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Annual Incentive Plan (company performance bonus)
- Multi brand discount up to 50% off - Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman
- Private Healthcare with health assessment (Bupa)
- Bupa rewards - Financial wellbeing support and wellness discounts
- Private Dental Cover
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Gym discount
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #NE1-LI #hybrid Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/