This role will be focusing on creating specific products geared towards our high performance competitive athletes across track and field, running and trail. These pinnacle concepts need to compete at the top of the sports and need deep insights into sports science, consumer research and are based on un-compromised construction.
- Be an integral part of our Performance Footwear team and push the boundaries on On's pinnacle performance footwear
- Own your projects from design concepts through to final delivery while working in a fast-moving environment and handling several projects and seasons at the same time
- Collaborate closely with our US based OAC athlete team, sports science and external stakeholders to translate bio-mechanic insights and athlete insights/feedback into innovative high performance footwear products that make a difference
- Develop new concepts, mock-ups, visuals, 2D and 3D files for new projects
- Collaborate closely with our Zurich based- and our Vietnam based development team on creating functional and performance-driven products
- You have 3-4 years of experience in performance footwear (running and / or other sports)
- You hold a bachelor or master's degree in product/industrial design and/or design engineering
- Strong interest for performance footwear, athletes data as well as a connection to sports/running and are able to translate those into products
- Deep knowledge in advanced footwear materials and manufacturing processes for road racing and track & field
- You have an curious and innovative mind with a strong drive to pushing the boundaries of footwear design
- You have excellent 2D software skills (Adobe CS), 3D software skills are definitely a plus
- You have a structured mind, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken
Meet The Team
You will work in the Lightning Team - a team at On focussing on creating the next generation of high performance products for and with our Elite Athletes to compete on the biggest stages.
You will also work in the On design studio within an international team, shaping the future On product line up. The design team includes footwear, apparel and CMF designers who all closely collaborate with developers, product managers, material and innovation specialists, art directors and marketing professionals.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.