At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
To deliver the business plan in line with the Company strategy for the Product range, utilizing the support and strength within the Merchandising team, coaching and leading the team to success. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage Womenswear merchandising team (inspire, motivate, coach, nurture and develop) and to further develop and grow WRTW in Korea.
- Build season OTB based on historical sales analysis & sales target to reflect collection buying.
- Participate seasonal collection buying (X4) in London to select and range product assortment by stores based on store profile.
- Analyze & generate periodical sales and KPI reports and propose appropriate action to take.
- Successfully execute season collections, partner effectively with cross functional team (Retail, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, Training, and regional planning and allocation team), influencing on key decisions to deliver the strategic direction for the category.
- Develop category strategy for upcoming season based on country specific market insights and new product initiatives.
- Monitor/control fashion & seasonal product performance with target sell-through.
- Partner with Training team to develop strong product knowledge and styling for the category.
- Participate in store visits to enhance knowledge of customer base and profile.
- Create effective working relationships with Corporate Merchandising team to feedback market trend and products and call out for any market specifics.
- Plan and update store profile in line with market business strategy and product strategy
- Analyze and run ad-hoc reports to identify business drivers and possible liabilities
- Research competitors pricing survey to actively communicate with corporate merchants to gain category price competitiveness in the market.
- At least 8-10 years of strong merchandising experience is must
- Experience in luxury, fashion industry is preferred
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Excel skill is required
- Passion for product/fashion trends
- Demonstrates high commercial instinct
- Strong analytical and retail maths skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: South Korea || Not Applicable || Seoul || REGIONAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9012 || n/a ||