As part of the regional Store Planning & Construction Team and reporting to the VP of Store Planning Americas, you will work closely with the Project Managers and Corporate departments to manage all the financial aspects associated with construction projects.
The Cost Control Manager must be able to think strategically while also being hands-on in overseeing the day-to-day execution of the agreed upon strategy with a focus on clients, people and brand desirability. They will be open and approachable and will work with both the central team and the local teams in a transparent, united and mutually supportive manner. They must model and champion our core belief; People Make the Difference and our values; Be Creative & Innovative, Deliver Excellence and Cultivate an Entrepreneurial SpiritKey Accountabilities:
- You will work closely with the Project Managers, Global team, and Corporate departments to manage all the financial aspects associated with construction projects, including pop up and activations for Americas (US, CANADA AND LATAM).
- You will report to the VP of Store Planning and Construction Americas.
- Regularly conduct budget analysis and provide accurate reporting based on the evolution of the stores design, from the estimate to schematic design, design development, construction drawings and close out costs.
- Identify cost variances from the approved budgets and alert the risk.
- Manage cost control aspects for construction and provide KPIs analysis reports for the Region.
- Support Project Managers with reporting estimation for capital expenditure requisitions and liaise with Finance.
- Attend all the store design meetings for the Region, to capture and translate immediately in updated costs the design changes after the initial approved estimates. Flag the discrepancies during the meetings.
- Lead and coordinate with the coordinator of the department the Tenant Allowance/Department Store reconciliation report and process.
- Monitor travel budget of team members
- Support ad-hoc projects working closely with the VP of Store Planning and Construction
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or construction management
- Strong knowledge of construction project life cycles and costs
- Experience in construction projects (min 6/7 years)
- Advanced knowledge of Office package (Excel and Power Point)
- Basic knowledge of Coupa, Unifier, DocuSign, and SharePoint
- Intermediate knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong communication, analytical, and construction drawing skills
The hiring range for this position ranges from $129,625-$183,000. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for bonus.