The Pelham Diamond Division concentrates on improving our diamond expertise, high level customer service and strengthening of our internal processes. Tiffany diamonds are sourced with care and consideration. From the moment diamonds are unearthed as rough stones and throughout their journey to polished gemstones, we believe the diamond sector can contribute positive value to the communities it operates within. As a leader in diamond traceability, we don't just adhere to industry standards-we lead by example. Over the past 15 years, we have implemented strategy that gives us a strong chain-of-custody process for our diamonds, in part because we have direct oversight of our diamond cutting and polishing workshops.
The Operations Associate of Diamond Supply is responsible for the supply of serialized and melee diamonds to both internal and external customers. This role is also responsible for inventory control of all diamond assets of Tiffany & Co. through cycle count execution.Responsibilities:
- Select stones from inventory to support the requirements of Manufacturing Work Orders, Virtual Vendor Bulk Picks, and Internal Requests.
- Complete consolidation or kitting of stones as required to meet demand. Utilize instruments and scales to verify accuracy of stones.
- Preform JDE transactions to supply diamonds in accordance with CODC guidelines. Report any issues to management timely.
- Prepare and package stones according to established procedures.
- Submit requests for inventory adjustment (I8) transactions to fulfill demand requirements.
- Preform cycle counts of current inventory as required confirming inventory accuracy. Report any discrepancies to management immediately.
- Manage special projects according to established procedure. If applicable, ensure shipments are organized, timely and accurate.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through the identification of process improvements and communicate suggestions to management.
- As requested, assist with various projects and tasks associated with Diamond Division initiatives.
- Adhere to all Diamond Division and Tiffany & Co. workplace policies and procedures. Ensure that all safety measures and guidelines are followed.
- Ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate College Degree
- Experience with J.D Edwards
- Knowledge of Diamond Industry
- Experience handling melee stones (sorting, weighing and picking)
The hiring range for this position ranges from $19.98 - $23.50 per hour. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience.