Silvia Tcherassi is a prominent luxury fashion brand that specializes in the design, development, production, wholesale, and retail of high-end women's fashion. Our brand is recognized and respected globally for its exceptional quality, unique designs, and luxurious materials. We have a strong presence in international department stores, exclusive multi- brand boutiques, premier e-commerce destinations, and our own boutiques throughout Europe, North America and Latin America.
As a key player in the luxury industry, Silvia Tcherassi is committed to creating exclusive collections that not only look and feel great but also embody a sense of creativity, innovation, and individuality.
The Press Office Coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining the brand image of the organization by identifying communication opportunities, planning publicity strategies, producing presentations, articles, and press releases, and overseeing all external PR agencies. They will cultivate relationships with influential media figures and develop comprehensive plans, including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics. The Press Office Coordinator must have excellent writing and editing skills and be knowledgeable about industry news and key figures. They will also possess exceptional speaking and presentation skills and be responsible for overseeing media events, interviews, and press conferences.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develop and implement comprehensive media strategies to promote the organization's brand image and mission.
• Build and maintain relationships with influential media figures and outlets, journalists, and other relevant stakeholders.
• Identify communication opportunities and develop publicity strategies.
• Write and edit presentations, articles, press releases, and other communication materials.
• Oversee all external PR agencies and ensure consistency of messaging and branding.
• Plan and execute media events, interviews, and press conferences.
• Monitor media coverage and provide regular reports on the organization's media presence.
• Provide media training to organization staff and executives.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all communication channels.
• Coordinate brand press-related initiatives, including collection launches, product launches, brand milestones, and store openings.
• Analyze media coverage and monitor PR results on a quarterly basis.
• Coordinate the distribution of samples to showrooms and media outlets, ensuring that the quantity and selection meet the needs of each location and campaign.
• Lead the planning, organization, and execution of press-related events, campaigns, fashion shows, and editorial photoshoots, working closely with internal and external partners to ensure that each project meets its goals and objectives. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire process, from conceptualization to implementation, and ensuring that all aspects of the event or campaign are aligned with the brand's image and messaging.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for collaborating with personalities and influencers, such as brand ambassadors, to promote the brand's image and message. As the leader of this effort, you will work closely with the creative team to identify potential collaborators who align with the brand's values and image.
• Coordinate all gifting requests, including collection pre-gifts, celebrity and media giftings, holiday giftings, and special packaging.
• Coordinate the training and mentorship of assistants and interns, ensuring that they have the skills, knowledge, and resources they need to contribute effectively to the brand's PR and media activities. You will provide guidance, support, and feedback to help each team member grow and develop in their role, as well as oversee their day-to-day work to ensure that it meets the brand's standards and expectations.
• Support and assist during photoshoots, including packing, prepping clothes, organizing, styling, scheduling, dressing models, and ordering materials and food when needed.
• Pitch stories to media outlets and manage media inquiries and interview requests.
• Create content for press releases, byline articles, and keynote presentations.
• Stay up-to-date on industry news and key figures.
• Revise and communicate incoming proposals and agreements.
• Oversee day-to-day press-related requests and act as the point of contact for any type of external collaboration or partnership.
• Maintain communication with external PR agencies and review and analyze their performance
• Create and maintain a favorable public image for the brand by communicating programs, accomplishments, and/or points of view.
• Cultivate relationships with influential print, digital, and broadcast journalists or thought leaders within the sector and write or approve media releases and other press materials.
• Oversee events such as press days or open days and oversee promotional activities and ensure they align with the brand’s image.
• Ensure that the organization's brand messages and content are consistent, up-to- date, and relevant.
• Develop promotional materials, conduct research, oversee the content on the organization's social media channels, and create public relations campaigns and budgets on a quarterly basis.
The Press Office Coordinator will report directly to the Press Office Director.
• Bachelor's degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, or related field
• Proven experience in PR, press office, or related field
• Strong writing, editing, speaking, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of the fashion industry, media, and key players
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills and be knowledgeable about industry news and key figures.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to identify communication opportunities and develop comprehensive media strategies.
• Proactive, creative, and results-oriented mindset
• Experience managing external PR agencies and cultivating relationships with media figures
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and PR-related software tools
• Fluent in English and Spanish (written and spoken), additional languages are a plus