Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Sourcing Manager will partner with the Americas Sourcing Lead to developing new product programs and achieving financial goals. Act as liaison to Product Management, design, planning, merchandising and DTC to further develop programs sourced in region. Assist team in delivering the vision by executing merchandising plan for all categories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for the planning, execution and communication of a development strategy that meets and exceeds financial goals
* Keep abreast of industry changes, market intelligence, fashion trends, quota, new resources and opportunities
* Receive and review hand off material, ensure accurate design development information is executed throughout development stages; follow up and communicate changes to relevant parties that will impact on price and delivery
* Partner with Raw Material Lead to ensure new yarn/fabric stock quality adheres to the specifications outlined and confirmed during development
* Oversees costing analysis and proto development, maintain gross profit margin, and ensure communication with key partners on total projection for budget purpose
* Ensure proto fit comments are clearly fed back to factories
* Drive effective and efficient communication and ensure meeting goals of development and buy calendar
* Contribute to new technique development with factories that meet design requirements.
* Understand, analyze, and monitor fit changes impact on cost, delivery and liability and allocate right factories to balance change in demand against capacity and effect on delivery
* Negotiate best competitive quotations and quality from vendors to achieve business objectives
* Conduct regular review with team and vendors on outstanding issues and provide guidance to the team on problem solving § Oversee the maintenance of accurate tracking charts for Product Development and maintenance in relevant corporate systems (ie. PLM) § Assist in reviewing factory capacity and factory allocation, work with factories to balance change in demand against capacity and delivery. § Collaborate with stakeholders among different function teams to streamline workflow process to enhance effectiveness and efficiency. § Ensure clear information is handed off Production Operations team for PO creation § Attend Pre Production meetings where appropriate. § Conduct a proactive risk assessment, identify, or anticipate any high-risk areas which may have impact. Alert management and all relevant parties
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Bachelor's Degree with relevant experience preferred (production and sourcing environment a plus) · Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; able to build effective relationship and influence key partners with all levels · Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership · Good project management skills and ability to drive changes and improvements · Analytical thinker and data literacy; meticulous and with strong follow up skills, able to work under tight timeline · Excellent communication and presentation skills, assertive and organized · Demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments · Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Power Point, Excel and Visio, and/or other relevant analytical tools · Ability to read and understand tech drawings preferred · Self-motivated, independent worker who enjoys a fast-paced dynamic work environment · Good command of written and spoken English #LI-CE1