General Purpose Contribute to grow sales and brand equity by developing and execute holistic PR strategy and plans for some of key initiatives/projects assigned with clear KPI setting based on global/Japan Communications/PR strategy. Manage and develop capability of 2 direct reports, on all press management. Pursue market/business understanding and fully reflect for everything this position does.
The objective is to secure media exposure on Tiffany products / new collections and institutional message by managing press and external agencies.
This individual will report to PR Director, who oversees overall PR projects, not limited to the key initiatives/projects this Manager will lead. Key Accountabilities 1. Contribute to grow sales and brand elevation by developing and execute holistic PR plan and strategy.
2. Team Capacity Development/Support
- Support Director to develop annual PR plan, review monthly and manage it on a day-to-day basis.
- Support Sr.Manager to develop annual marketing budget plan, review monthly and manage it on a day-to-day basisTrack media budget by channels and category for Finance and Media Spending Reports for internal stakeholders
- Propose and manage PR plan to deliver the most effective full-funnel results with KPIs - Media mix to include all formats and all channels - Print, Digital media, Social/Influencers and Owned media.
- This includes budget allocation/management for assigned project, plan execution, leadership with alignment management with multi-functional team & key stakeholders, effectiveness & efficiency measurement, and improvement proposal/execution.
- Collaborate with global and local PR / Brand Marketing teams to leverage, influence on, and manage alignments on global campaign and guidelines, for the key initiatives/projects she/he leads.
- Measure success metrics vis-à-vis set objectives, analyze, evaluate and develop action plans to improve effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely with agencies to maximize opportunities and results.
- Act as a 'change agent' in teams or organizations by bringing best-in-class external perspectives; keep current with industry news, digital trends, platforms, and experiences that can inform Brand's activation planning and drive innovation and performance.
- Create, manage, and grow partnerships with external press, media, tech, and other partners.
3. Cross-functional Synergy Leadership
- Exercise positive leadership, while being a highly motivated hands-on player at the same time.
- Infuse client-centric marketing focus into the team and across the company.
- Develop junior talent within the team through day-to-day coaching. Provide support to other team members when in need.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Proactively participate in cross-functional efforts to shape synergy that benefits the company holistically.
- When planning/executing communications plans, lead/collaborate with other teams in respective arenas - e.g. Merchandising for product, DCO for lower-funnel digital marketing, CVM for visual merchandising, all teams can work toward the same goals with consistently.
- Voluntarily facilitate internal work streams in partnership with other departments and teams.
- Holistic marketing experience at a brand end or a PR / Advertising agency end, incl. celebrity/influencers management, magazine (ads and tie-ins), BTL activities (events, pop-up store, etc), at least for 5-7 years' experience related Fashion/Jewelry & Watch brand(s) or beauty brand(s), preferably luxury brand(s).
- People management/development experience at least for 2-3 year.
- Hands-on, roll-up-sleeve attitude - not only strategy/direction giving but also on execution/follow-through by himself/herself, capable of handling multiple and fast-paced tasks, with a strong sense of ownership.
- Experience of working in international business environment(s)
- Business level English both in writing and speaking, native in Japanese
- Project management skills
- Professionally and personally mature person, with high interpersonal communication skills
- Solid strategic thinking, integrating both qualitative perspective and quantitative perspective.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Capable of handling multiple and fast-paced tasks, with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to manage and operate under tight deadlines
- Undergraduate college degree
- General PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required