The Creative Visual Merchandising (CVM) Design Studio Manager will manage the CVM Design Studio and provide production and prototyping support for all visual merchandising creative initiatives. The Manager will oversee all materials made in-house for creative promotions, product launches, traveling collections, Heritage creative vitrines, show windows, and special events. This individual will be responsible for studio maintenance and directing the team to generate a high volume of creative output. Responsibilities include:
- Archive reproduction, Model making, drafting and design prototyping for CVM needs This includes scale model building, paint elevations, 3-D rendering, and drafting construction drawings (both hand-drafting and CAD/Vectorworks).
- Oversee sourcing and ordering of all art and design equipment, materials and supplies for the CVM Studio.
- Participate in CVM installations as needed for window displays, vinyl graphics and special events.
- Maintain all CVM equipment and Studio supplies, including laser cutter and 3D printing technology.
- Manage Tiffany Lamps acquisition and database including photo-shoot.
- Coordinate Tiffany Lamps shipments with various vendors and markets.
- Process Purchase Orders, invoice payments and expense reports related to purchasing and business travel through appropriate forms and procedures. Forward for approvals on timely basis.
- Manage the CVM Studio and freelance production support for the CVM Department, including freelancers calendar and studio timing.
- 8+ years of experience set design, visual display, or related areas
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Possess excellent model making/drafting skills
- Working knowledge of Auto-CAD or Vectorworks, Solidworks or Rhino 3D, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design
- Experience with studio equipment - Plotter, Lasercutter, 3D printer
- Proactive, flexible, enthusiastic and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with cross-functional teaming, proven ability to work with a variety of people, and present ideas/information to a group
- Knowledgeable of local vendor sources for display supplies, hardware, props, furniture, art supplies
- Experience with construction, hand tools and painting, finishes are desired
- Good troubleshooting skills for software, hardware, logistical and design problem
- Ability to pack fragile objects and prototypes safely for travel overseas
- Experience working in a luxury retail setting
- Basic knowledge of design studio needs
- Ability to travel as needed for store visits & installations
- Strong sense of composition and design
- Knowledge of International Shipping requirements and documents
- Strong conceptual skills
- Degree in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience
- Strong collaborative spirit
The hiring range for this position ranges from $107,100 - $151,200. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates' relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for a bonus.