HUGO BOSS is one of the leading fashion and lifestyle companies in the premium segment with over 17,000 employees worldwide. As versatile as we are, we are united by a common goal: We love fashion, we change fashion!
Become a brand ambassador and be part of a team that works with passion, ambition and expertise to create excellent customer experiences. Be among the first to bring our collections from the runway to the customers! Join our team and explore career opportunities that are tailor-made for you!
Under direction from the Store Manager, the Tailor is responsible for producing high quality altered merchandise within established timeframe standards and working effectively with other team members within the shop. What you can expect:
- Fits garments on customer to determine required alterations.
- Alters clothing to fit individual customers or repairs defective garments.
- Examines tag on garment to determine necessary alterations.
- Shortens or lengthens garment parts, such as sleeves or legs.
- Expands or narrows garment parts, such as waist or chest.
- Raises or lowers garment parts, such as collars or lapels.
- Pins altering folds or marks on cloth at seams, darts, or necklines to indicate alterations to be made.
- Trims excess material, using scissors.
- Removes stitches from garment, using ripper or razor blade.
- Re-sews garment, using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- Repairs or replaces defective garment parts, such as pockets, pocket flaps, and coat linings.
- Minimum 3 years seamstress/tailoring experience in high-end merchandise
- Ability to sew a wide range of both men's and women's garments
- Understanding of safe and proper use of all equipment in the shop
- Possession of strong technical background in specialty skills such as: leather, knits, double face, beading, fine tailoring, buttonholes etc. is desired and a benefit.
- Pressing and spotting skills.
- Knowledge of Alterations industry, including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and organizational ability.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team oriented environment that requires a degree of multi-tasking with limited supervision.
- Is open to learning and developing new skills and processes.
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shop needs
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- International and inspirational working environment
- Career progression opportunities
- Dynamic and inspirational work culture
- Flexible scheduling to meet lifestyle needs, with a competitive compensation program and a fun working environment
We are a global company with our employees representative of the world at large. Our inclusive culture embraces each person's authenticity and individuality. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. And we believe our equitable work environment helps unleash your full potential and inspires you to thrive.
Do you feel it's time for a new challenge at HUGO BOSS? If so, we look forward telling you all about this job opportunity in a personal conversation.