The Associate Designer will support the Calvin Klein Performance Design team from initial concept through to product delivery. This includes supporting all design team members in the creation of sketch, fabric/trim developments, and tech pack creation. They will possess effective communication and thorough prompt follow-up, as this is of key importance in this position.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:Experience:
- Maintains PLM across all product categories.
- Sets up Raw Materials reviews and communicates Raw Materials needs to Product Development and Raw Materials teams.
- Establishes and manages systems for tracking Raw Materials and proto developments.
- Launches proto development in-house and with FTY.
- Assists Sr Designer in developing sketches based on initial sketches and concepts.
- Maintains the progression of design in the Senior Designer's absence. Taking initial ideas from the Sr Design Director, sourcing reference bodies from the Calvin Klein archive, as well as presenting sketches and research.
- Presents ideas based on sketches.
- Participates in creating color palettes, research, and color maintenance.
- Helps to produce fabric presentation cards; establishes and maintains fabric library, tracks Raw Materials submits, and leads Raw Materials review meetings.
- Assists in developing initial concepts by actively participating in design working sessions with Sr Design Director; provides graphics, concepts, and print direction.
- Creates and executes technical design packages and trim sheets.
- Responsible for managing timely completion of all tech packs across cut & sew and wovens categories.
- Participates in fittings with design and technical teams; working closely with all teams involved and understanding Sr Design Director's vision for all styles; recaps meetings with the Creative Hub team and Patternmakers to ensure Cut & Sew and Wovens samples are executed correctly.
- Contributes design ideas for Calvin Klein Performance.
- Manages changes to designs and information that is sent to Merchandising and development teams.
- Communicates daily with internal and overseas offices.
- Communicates with the CAD team to execute patterns seasonally.
- Works closely with Graphics team to develop exclusive programs.
- Assists with the creation and development of color and concept presentation boards.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of style packages and seasonal design boards.
- Supports Design team in all fittings.
- Responsible for conducting trend research with design team.
2-4 years of experience preferred; background in garment construction with experience in Apparel Education:
Bachelor's Degree in DesignSkills:
- PLM and Illustrator knowledge preferred.
- Ability to create technical illustrations of styles.
- Excellent sense of color is required.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish good relationships with key parties and department staff.
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules.
- Must be flexible and responsive to design and calendar changes
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively
Must have strong technical creative ability and be able to sketch effectively and clearly articulate fit and design elements.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $85,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH