About Banana Republic
Born from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits, Banana Republic has repositioned itself as a premium, experiential lifestyle brand for today's modern world. Designed for a life where anything is possible, we use the finest materials with the latest fabric innovations to create timeless, versatile clothing, jewelry, shoes and handbags. Through our home and art collections, we extend beyond apparel and are a part of our customers' lives at home.
We are creating memorable, immersive experiences online and in-store that build lasting relationships and solve our customers' lifestyle needs. Our team is made up of passionate and curious storytellers who are pushing the boundaries to deliver consistent, quality product through an elevated customer experience. Sound interesting? Join us as on the BR journey as we create what's next.About the Role
This position is responsible for driving Visual Merchandising and supporting Window strategies for Banana Republic by leading seasonal development & execution, purposeful product messaging and strong business connections. Candidates should have a love for fashion and a drive for creating seasonal sets that inspire our customers. Candidates also need to be self-driven and highly resourceful.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Leads all aspects & touchpoints of Men's & Women's visual merchandising strategy development from start to finish of the product pipeline. Utilizes strong business acumen to make thoughtful decisions and develop creative solutions.
- Leads seasonal Windows styling & resource development, including presentation guides and top store elevations.
- Applies an entrepreneurial approach to creating a best-in-class retail environments and product presentations. Keeps a pulse on the competition and current market trends. Seeks new ideas or inspiration to ensure store environments remain fresh and current.
- Creates product and customer obsessed, end to end experiences that speak to our target customer segments to help deliver a measurable business impact.
- Develops clear visual merchandising strategies each season to ensure product stories continue to push the business forward. Manages assortment changes throughout the product pipeline to make sure visual strategies remain intact and product stories stay cohesive.
- Develops and maintains a clear understanding of seasonal objectives and current state of the business. Ensures all work supports the priorities and goals of the brand. Identifies areas of opportunity and process changes to make us more efficient and effective.
- Owns seasonal window styling & field direction to protect message clarity for our stores. Ensures product assortments are supported according to varying store layouts & profiles.
- Owns all seasonal communication to our fleet including creation of seasonal sets, development of Visual & Window Presentation Guides and any in-season management communication needed.
- Conducts walkthroughs with leaders at all levels clearly communicating visual merchandising strategies and sharing seasonal presentations.
- Builds a strong cross-functional partnerships with Merchandising, Design and Inventory Management to help influence product assortments and identify missed opportunity within the line.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure our seasonal store experience vision is communicated and protected throughout the pipeline process and comes to life seamlessly across our fleet.
- Develops strong partnerships with Field Visual counterparts to ensure fleetwide consistency and quality in store presentations. Participates in store workthoughs to share knowledge and build skillset with the store teams.
- Uses business acumen and persuasive skillset to spark creative thinking and have meaningful dialogue with business partners that challenges the status quo and evolves the work we do.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Product obsessed visual merchandiser with a minimum of 7+ years' experience in both field and corporate settings
- Strong fashion styling sense with impeccable taste level and the ability to incorporate new trends into visual projects
- Highly creative critical thinker and problem solver who is familiar with developing smart solutions on limited resources
- Organization, time management and memory skills with the ability to multitask multiple projects and seasons concurrently
- Fast learner that seeks out new information and has the ability to pivot quickly
- Strong leader that builds partnerships and uses persuasive skillset to influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen eye and meticulous about details
- Ability to take feedback and work through ambiguity
- Advanced computer skills required - Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, Miro
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $134,000 - $177,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.