This role will own projects and process management to ensure continued success within the Performance Running category at On. As a Footwear Developer, you will manage projects in the development process of products with the highest level of performance. You will own the entire process from initial concept, to production, through commercialisation. You will work closely with Product Managers, Designers and the Product Development Lead
- You will own your product development projects within the Performance Running category at On, collaborating with colleagues also in the Performance Run category
- You are expected to execute development by utilising your knowledge of the development process for performance footwear
- You will collaborate with our Zurich and Vietnamese development teams, design, and product marketing to realise functional and performance-based footwear product and adhere to product creation calendar
- You will effectively define the best methods to successfully manage the product creation process (e.g. conduct meetings with the product teams during each development phase to review, make changes and drive the decision-making process that leads to on-time production)
- You will provide knowledge and recommendations on materials, components and construction options to achieve the product's functional requirements and pricing targets
- You will plan and execute the development processes according to critical dates and team/company goals
- You will be responsible for monitoring costs and advising where product efficiencies can be made
- You will work hand in hand with our testing team and biomechanics expert for successful validation and testing of the products, as well as effectively manage the sampling and prototyping of the products
- You will work closely with the innovation team to implement new innovation in our Running Footwear product
You have a higher education degree in Engineering or a related field
- You have 2+ years of experience as a footwear developer within a Performance footwear category
- You have demonstrated technical expertise in footwear product development, process, projects manager, costing and manufacturing of performance footwear products from conceptions to retail
- You have experience interpreting tech packs and reading 2D files
- You have the ability to follow complex processes and can offer ideas to improve on existing methods of working
- You have great time management skills and the ability to work with multiple deadlines
- You have sharp communication skills in both written and spoken English
- You are competent with MS Office and have experience with graphic programs such as Adobe Illustrator (3D software like Rhino/Grasshopper
Meet The Team
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality and performance are top of mind when creating our footwear products. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Engineering, Development and Product Management to create something extraordinary.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.