At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To work as a strategic partner with the Retail Business leaders and their Executive Teams to support and enable business delivery and transformation. This will be delivered through defining an appropriate strategic talent agenda that drives operational performance and is aligned with the strategy and values of the functions. The talent agenda will focus on talent, performance, culture and change. The incumbent will also work across the HR function (CoEs and Burberry Business Services) to manage the strategic delivery and performance of all HR services into the functional areas. This is a hybrid position based out of our New York City corporate office.
• Act as a member of the senior business leadership team contributing to the development and implementation of the HR strategy
• Develop and deliver a strategic people plan to maximize the retail stores and outlet business, taking into account external and internal factors. This will require to operate within the matrix of the organization
• Support stores to deliver commercial strategy through people
• Act as a pivot between the line managers and the HR functions, using and leveraging all CEOs to define and execute appropriate talent agenda and actin plan
• Develop a clear succession plan for the retail store organization, and ensure talent flows across the network, continuously fostering a diverse talent pool, and the development of internal talent
• Work in close alignment with Talent Acquisition, fostering an external succession planning mindset and identifying trends and opportunities
• Frame clear talent plans and capability programs for the area of responsibility
• Coach senior business leaders to manage key people challenges in order to optimize performance
• Provide expert analysis of people analytics and metrics to identify people issues and trends for given area and to work with executive teams and the HR function to design and implement initiatives to proactively address issues and opportunities
• Collaborate across the HR Function to ensure that the solutions developed meet the business needs and are embedded - including Operations, Talent Acquisition, Reward, Employee Relations & Engagement
• Leverage the engagement survey result to drive the people action plan for the area of responsibility
• Liaise with local trade unions with meetings and planning agreements (if applicable) according to the law
• Work with training and ops team in the region to align client advisors' capability and skills to business expectations suing a talent matrix mentality
• Provide support to BBS to ensure the correct execution of contracts and legal instalments.
• Is the point of reference for ER cases and grievances escalating where necessary to ER and/or legal team
• Work with APP on internal investigations raised through Burberry help line or directly to Store Managers
• Focus on presence in stores to ensure the full knowledge of business needs
• Fully embed Burberry's leadership standard and is able to stand a point of reference and example for the HR team and all the employees.
• Lead, mentor and coach his own team and guarantee that performance and behavior are in line with expectation, the company culture and leadership standard.
• Experienced HR practitioner, with proven track record of influencing at a senior level in the organization
• Proven delivery of strategic objectives; able to demonstrate diagnosis of issues, evaluation of potential options and approaches and ability to execute seamlessly in a matrix environment
• Significant expertise in Retail luxury and/or luxury hospitality
• Proven ability to act as a pivot between business leader and HR COEs and to act as a business partner
• Strong communication skills - delivering the strategies of the business will require you to engage at leadership levels and present at functional-wide events
• Experienced coaching capability to support talent development
• Ability to use and leverage data and analytics to inform decision-making
• Confident to challenge the status quo and think creatively with business leaders
• Ability to manage complex problems and competing priorities
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
• Expected base salary for the role will generally be between $150,000.00 and $160,000.00 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
• This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || HR || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9002 || n/a ||