With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
This position is responsible for the execution of assigned processes (physical inventory execution, Budgets, Forecasting, Reporting, Inventory Transfer Maintenance, MAC Adjustments, Inventory System Balancing, and Ad-Hoc Processes as needed). In addition, this position is responsible for the preparation of various schedules, reconciliations, and account analyses relating to the monthly closing process. Displays proficiency with all financial and information systems as they relate to current position, including SAP and all relevant applications and tools that facilitate inventory transactions and reporting. FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes physical inventory observations at the stores which consists of coordinating with Technology, Store Operations, Store Management, our third-party PI Provider, and auditors.
- Ensures proper accounting of physical inventory results and completes required reporting to management and the cross-functional teams.
- Process weekly MAC adjustments for trouble articles as well as per IT request.
- Proficient oversight and reconciliation of the DC Synchronization process with SAP (DCIS).
- Researches and clears outstanding store-to-store shipments in SAP.
- Responsible for various monthly account analyses, reconciliations, and journal entries. Also serves as a backup and as a first-level reviewer on peer account reconciliations.
- Prepares budgets and forecasting for various general ledger accounts and processes.
- Manages the inventory transfer system which includes day-to-day inventory control processing, researching, analyzing, and communicating to store and DC personnel regarding various inventory issues.
- Processes daily stock transfer requests from the Allocation team.
- Monitors and addresses Zendesk tickets from the Retail Stores relating to Inventory issues.
- Assists in designing and implementing stronger internal controls, SOX compliances, developing documentation and improving the organization of inventory processing and reporting.
- Works closely with Technology to develop a comprehensive understanding of all inventory-related systems and becomes the subject matter expert for inventory related troubleshooting.
- Functions as the liaison on special projects within the inventory control and finance area including but not limited to reporting, new business processes, and inventory studies.
- Proficient in understanding accounting workflow processes and interdependencies in meeting monthly closing goals. Effectively collaborates with cross-functional teams in facilitating effective business outcomes for internal customers.
- Prepares monthly reporting and inventory system balancing. Also prepares ad hoc reporting requests as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Must demonstrate strong skills in: problem solving, PC spreadsheets, communication and organization
- Ability to accept and adapt to a changing environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP required
- CPA or CMA a plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.