[Concierge ¦ The Bicester Collection ¦ Permanent Full Time]Something Extraordinary Every Day™
The Concierge must demonstrate an inherent understanding of guest needs and deliver excellent standards in service and hospitality, across two locations, which surpass our guest's aspirations, making it special right from the start and doing their utmost to make all guests feel welcome. They must also have a thorough & proven understanding of international guest profiles and a strong cultural awareness, which will enable them to intuitively adapt and vary their style of interaction with guests.What you will be doing
What makes you special
- Welcome guests at key touch-points either within the Village or at pre-designated, high footfall locations outside
- Anticipate, interpret and respond to the expressed and unexpressed needs of visiting guests in an effortless and efficient manner
- Insightful promotion all functions within the Village Visitor Centre relating to tourist information and the retail offer
- Promotion and cross-selling of all added value services associated with the Village.
- Seamlessly operate all added value services.
- Provide knowledgeable insights regarding all Brands and the unique offer/promotions, within the Village
- Engage proactively in building relationships with Village Brands, driving appropriate & relevant footfall.
- Engage in and support hospitality initiatives within the Village Visitor Centre, continuously improving on these to surprise & delight our guests
- Understand, take personal accountability for and proactively live the Value Retail Vision for 'world class' Hospitality & Service
- Proactively provide feedback & suggestions on any aspect of the delivery of Hospitality or our services, which will enhance the experience of our guests and further raise our performance above their expectations
- Assist and advise guests with a wider tourism and hospitality offer, such as booking live entertainment, sightseeing tours, cinema tickets and restaurants, making reservations on their behalf and arranging refreshments for them
- Conversant in all Village operational policies & procedures, communicating these to guests as and when appropriate.
- Assist and advise guests with a wider tourism offer, such as booking live entertainment, sightseeing tours, cinema tickets and restaurants, making reservations on their behalf.
- Own and resolve customer complaint situations in a professional & reassuring manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Compile daily and weekly reports as instructed by the Village Visitor Centre
Every colleague is an entrepreneur at heart and this drives our organisational culture, which values invention, innovation and risk taking. To be successful with us, you'll have:
There's no one quite like us
- Previous experience ideally within the Hospitality, Tourism, Leisure or Retail industries
- Ability to prioritise and adapt effectively and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular in dealing with international guests, with impact & influence
- Desire and drive to provide excellent world class hospitality and proven examples of guest experience
- Sound understanding of retail, tourism and leisure sectors or desire to learn
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people, strong stakeholder management, internally and externally
- Interest in and knowledge of the local area
- Professional, friendly and approachable manner
- Computer literate and fully conversant in the full suite of Microsoft Office Applications
- Good articulate communicator, language skills are desirable
- Flexibility and available to work weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays inline with business requirements
The Bicester Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams.
Our Vision is to be the best shopping destination in the world.
Our Mission is to make the lives of others better including our brands, our guests, our people and our communities.Our Brand Promise is to offer something extraordinary every day.Our Five Values are the glue that bind us together and allows us to lead ahead: • Authenticity - Always do the right thing • Innovation - Think outside of the box • Passion - Do what you love and love what you do! • Critical Thinking - Challenge the obvious • Vision - Be mission driven alwaysWhy we're exceptional
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. In return for your hard work and commitment to our values, you'll receive a generous salary and we'll also reward you through our Feel Good Programme which offers the following benefits:• Lifestyle
- Our Lifestyle benefits include life assurance, income protection, pension, leisure travel insurance, an electric car scheme, a discounted shopping portal, discounts across our Villages, a referral bonus and season ticket loans.
- Our Physical health benefits include private medical cover, virtual doctor support, dental insurance, health screening, a cycle-to-work scheme, eye care and flu vaccinations.
- Our Mental health benefits include access to professionals as well as support from trained mental health 'first aiders' from across the business, an employee assistance programme and free access to Headspace and Thrive, two of the most well respected mental well-being apps.
- Our social programme is designed to help us connect and, most importantly, have fun! Benefits include yoga classes, summer parties, outdoor team activities, time away from the office to enjoy special occasions such as birthdays, getting married, moving house and, of course, taking a well-deserved break.Come and live your story with us
At The Bicester Collection, we are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent. We believe in fostering an open culture, which supports our people to thrive and creates a sense of belonging. Working at the Bicester Collection means entering an inclusive space where all perspectives are valued, ideas are shared freely, and creativity is encouraged