Retail Manager ¦ Kildare Village ¦ PermanentSomething Extraordinary Every Day™
The Senior Retail & Product Merchandising Manager reports directly to the Retail Director and is responsible for a number of keys areas such as supporting and elevating store standards, building relationships with their brand portfolio and creating a positive retail environment.
The role interfaces with a number of departments including marketing , operations, hospitality and remerchandising.
This position has a key focus in the area of merchandise planning and is best suited to those with exposure in this area. What you will be doing
What makes you special
- Developing excellent relationships with existing brands
- Maintaining and developing personal knowledge and expertise to provide guidance to store managers and enhance profitability
- Liaising effectively with commercialisation and operating teams in providing the support needed to achieve highest levels of guest satisfaction
- Create reports to ensure that sales and stock figures can be accurately analysed
- Meet with retail managers and retail director on a regular basis to discuss all stock and range plan topics and action plans
- Liaise with Brand captains to identify, confirm and plan actions to be taken for stores with particular stock challenges
Every colleague is an entrepreneur at heart and this drives our organisational culture, which values invention, innovation and risk taking. To be successful with us, you'll have:
There's no one quite like us
- Demonstrable background in retail management, department store, multisite and or merchandise planning within apparel and luxury retail industry
- Excellent understanding of local and international market brands and trends
- Commercially astute
- Natural ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power point
- Well developed analytical skills
- Exceptionally organised
- Ability to travel from time to time when required
- Fluent in English
- Other European languages are beneficial
The Bicester Collection are the worlds' leading luxury shopping destinations, and we are committed to creating magical and memorable experiences for our guests. Taking the name of the founding Village, The Bicester Collection distinguishes the 11 Villages in Europe and China as one collection of destinations for our guests, our brand partners, our travel and tourism partners, our corporate and financial media, and our internal teams. Our Vision is to be the best shopping destination in the world. Our Mission is to make the lives of others better including our brands, our guests, our people and our communities. Our Brand Promise is to offer something extraordinary every day.
Our Five Values are the glue that bind us together and allows us to lead ahead:
Why we're exceptional
- Authenticity - Always do the right thing
- Innovation - Think outside of the box
- Passion - Do what you love and love what you do!
- Critical Thinking - Challenge the obvious
- Vision - Be mission driven always
The key to our success is the quality and commitment of our people. In return for your hard work and commitment to our values, you'll receive a generous salary and we'll also reward you through our Feel Good Programme which offers the following benefits:
Come and live your story with us
- Lifestyle - Our Lifestyle benefits include life assurance, income protection, pension, leisure travel insurance, an electric car scheme, a discounted shopping portal, discounts across our Villages, a referral bonus and season ticket loans.
- Physical - Our Physical health benefits include private medical cover, virtual doctor support, dental insurance, health screening, a cycle-to-work scheme, eye care and flu vaccinations.
- Mental - Our Mental health benefits include access to professionals as well as support from trained mental health 'first aiders' from across the business, an employee assistance programme and free access to Headspace and Thrive, two of the most well respected mental well-being apps.
- Social - Our social programme is designed to help us connect and, most importantly, have fun! Benefits include yoga classes, summer parties, outdoor team activities, time away from the office to enjoy special occasions such as birthdays, getting married, moving house and, of course, taking a well-deserved break.
At The Bicester Collection, we are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent. We believe in fostering an open culture, which supports our people to thrive and creates a sense of belonging. Working at the Bicester Collection means entering an inclusive space where all perspectives are valued, ideas are shared freely, and creativity is encouraged.