We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose:
Reporting to the Senior Production Manager, the Assistant Manager for Visual Experience Production will collaborate with local Coach, Kate Spade & Stuart Weitzman teams as well as global partners in New York on the smooth execution of visual display elements across our stores and beyond.You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will ensure that brand standards are adhered to and elevated as well as ensuring timelines and processes are suitably met. This role requires a high level of management and coordination across multiple projects and the ability to juggle various departmental needs in a very fast paced environment.You'll have a keen interest in visual merchandising and retail concept design, have your finger on the pulse and relish being part of a team that stretches what's possible. You will know what our competitors are doing, what trends are taking off globally, always strive for innovation and perfection and have an eye for detail and a head for trouble shooting. The successful individual will leverage their skill set to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Support the Senior Production Manager in executing instore displays from brief stage through technical development, prototyping, and manufacture, right through to install. You will work on projects in our own stores as well as with wholesale partners and on OOH experiential activations
- Manage budgets on a project-by-project basis and work with our vendor pool to ensure we always receive the best possible quotes and lead-times
- Support with the new store opening program and ensure visual production needs are delivered in a timely manner. This includes bespoke treatments, light boxes and signage packages
- Be present on site at installs where necessary, this can often be outside of normal working hours and across the EMEAI region
- Build and own briefs in partnership with Visual Merchandising and Marketing teams. This can include owning budget recommendations and timelines as well as ensuring any briefs shared internally (or externally) are solid and appropriate for the needs of the market, our partners and the wider business strategy
- Raise purchase orders and reconcile invoices where appropriate and ensure vendors are paid correctly and on time
- Ensure relevant expenditure is being accrued correctly month to month
- Ad-hoc administrative duties such as booking couriers, managing freight forwarding and ordering samples & supplies
What Tapestry can offer you:
- A background in visual merchandising and visual merchandising production. This includes 3D display builds and a good understanding of 2D print processes
- Basic art working skills
- Intermediate Adobe and 3D modelling skills. Note; this isnota design led role but this role will require making amends to designs issued by the New York studio to suit local business needs. SketchUp skills are a must, Rhino knowledge is desirable
- Excellent project management skills (you will lead projects independently from start to finish)
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work across all levels of the business
- Fantastic timekeeping skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects of various scales at any one time
Other benefits include:
- Hybrid working (3 days working from the office, 2 days remote)
- Option to finish early on a Friday (Flex Fridays)
- 1 Paid Volunteering Day per year and opportunities to volunteer with global projects
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Internal mobility & career progression
- Regular Social Events - Seasonal & Cultural
- Equity Inclusion & Diversity initiatives which include employee resource groups & regional inclusion council
Our Competencies for All Employees
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Annual Incentive Plan (company performance bonus)
- Multi brand discount up to 50% off - Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman
- Private Healthcare with health assessment (Bupa)
- Bupa rewards - Financial wellbeing support and wellness discounts
- Private Dental Cover
- Eyecare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Gym discount
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/