About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
As a Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will play an important role in ensuring Gap Inc. products meet applicable legal and product safety standards across global markets. You will participate in the development and implementation of robust compliance strategies and establishing product compliance frameworks. You'll track key changes in the regulatory landscape to determine the business impact to Gap Inc. You'll engage and establish cross-functional partnerships across the Brands (Athleta, Banana Republic, Gap Brand, and Old Navy) to communicate, collaborate, influence, and implement safety and regulatory strategies that positively impact our business worldwide.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Research product safety, labeling, and regulatory requirements to bring new product concepts to market, with emphasis on children's products. Perform product safety line and labeling reviews on products as needed.
- Implement processes to monitor and track changes in international regulations, standards, and industry best practices to ensure Gap Inc.'s compliance practices are current and effective.
- Interpret new legislation to determine business impact and effectively communicate those changes to internal stakeholders. Develop and coordinate execution of action plans to ensure compliance to enacted legislation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, sourcing, production, product integrity, quality assurance, legal, and franchise to ensure compliance awareness.
- Execute specific Product Safety and Compliance programs at the direction of Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance Lead while identifying risks and gaps in processes and recommend improvements for enhancing compliance processes and procedures.
- Draft policy documents to inform internal teams and vendors of product safety and compliance requirements. Update and maintain compliance manuals, protocols, labeling guidance, standard operating procedures, and other directives as needed.
- Address internal business partner and vendor questions on safety, labeling, and other regulatory requirements.
- Build strategic relationships with key internal stakeholders and vendors to drive results and influence change.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Knowledge of international product compliance regulations, standards, and testing protocols (e.g. CPSC / CPSIA, Proposition 65, Health Canada, etc.)
- Technical writing skills to create and maintain policies and procedures. Must be able to translate regulatory text into succinct programs, policies, procedures, and other useful tools and resources.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and research skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $106,700 - $141,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.