About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
In this role, you will support the GapTech Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. Gap Inc.'s GapTech Finance team provides financial support to various business units including Engineering and Architecture, Technical Operations, Infosec and Product Management. You will be responsible for providing guidance, data, and analysis to the Business Partners that manage these areas. The teams are responsible for leading several key financial performance management activities for Gap Inc., including the annual budget / operating plan, long-range plan, monthly forecast, and monthly close. Using these activities as a foundation, they provide the executive leaders and other relevant stakeholders with forward-looking financial projections, performance perspective, and foundations for optimal decision-making.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc. management and ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
- Maintain oversight of Maintenance Contracts including Accruals, PO creation, Invoice payments and amortization of cost as appropriate
- Open PO's (Purchase Orders) for vendors and submit invoices for payment
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating with others on a solution
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the entire financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- High level of emotional intelligence and be able to work under strict deadlines
- Savvy in entire MS Office Suite; strong Excel skills are needed to manage large amounts of data
- Essbase knowledge preferred, but not required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $86,300 - $114,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.US Candidates
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.